A topic out of place but needed.

goetface

Today 31 U.S. Servicemen lost their lives in afghanistan, some might say this isnt fitting here, but honestly UPS wouldn't exist if it weren't for those who fight for our freedom. My love goes out to their families, and their children, these individuals make some hard sacrifices, being away from home is a tough feeling in your gut, dying so far away from home can only be worse I imagine. RIP Shipmates. :sad-little:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Today 31 U.S. Servicemen lost their lives in afghanistan, some might say this isnt fitting here, but honestly UPS wouldn't exist if it weren't for those who fight for our freedom. My love goes out to their families, and their children, these individuals make some hard sacrifices, being away from home is a tough feeling in your gut, dying so far away from home can only be worse I imagine. RIP Shipmates. :sad-little:

Amen.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

It is never out of place to respect and honor those that have given all.

A tribute to the 31 US troops that were KIA in Afghanistan, when their helicopter crashed.

As an American, all I can muster up behind the tears is a *SALUTE*

RIP... ;-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU3BWo1EJJc&feature=related

raceanoncr

Well said, goetface. Thank you for posting.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
machinist mate, 4 years on a carrier, Vietnam veteran (not that anyone cares about that)
(Someone cares. I was young but my brother was a Vietnam vet, and I cared)
RIP brave ones. Thanks to all for their service. May they all come home soon.

I can tell you faded jeans, I cared then and I care today. Although I never served (for various reasons) , I have always had a deep and sincere regard for our military troops, past and present.

raceanoncr

(Someone cares. I was young but my brother was a Vietnam vet, and I cared)
RIP brave ones. Thanks to all for their service. May they all come home soon.

Toon, if your brother is still with us, please convey our appreciation for his service. And thank you for mentioning it here.

moreluck

golden ticket member
One of the coolest boys in High School went to Viet Nam and never came back. Another one that I dated for a year came back minus a foot. Dave & Duane, thanks for your service..........from Wadsworth OH.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toon, if your brother is still with us, please convey our appreciation for his service. And thank you for mentioning it here.
Thanks but he is not he passed away of a heart attack 3 yrs ago.
My other brother is still here. he also served, and my son 12 yrs in the USAF.
I can still remember 3 channels on the b&w TV, and my parents watching the 1/2 hr of news every night, and praying that their first born made it through, it was a terrible time for the parents, as well as the soldiers.