A UPS Peak Season Story

clean hairy

I took an empty 150 miles away to be told no load for you , we don't want this here , take it back !! 11 hr day no loads moved , $$$$ loved it !!
Imagine how many $$ the companyflushes down the toilet each year paying employees to accomplish nothing as stated above.
BUT, come contract time they are crying they have no money to give us for a good contract!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Maybe they can take some of the trailers out of the parking lot near the 700 belt so the Roswell off duty cop that LP hired won't write tickets to employees for improperly parking.

Scuba Steve

I watched an A300 being unloaded at one of the air hubs this week. Every single can coming off the aircraft was empty.

Last week an outbound A300 was having a mechanical. Mechanic was under the wing with the fuel panel open. Next thing you see is fuel being jettison out the dump nozzle. Had to be at least 100 gallons of jet fuel dumped on the ramp. ramp personnel started cleaning it up and the aircraft was pushed back and parked.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I watched an A300 being unloaded at one of the air hubs this week. Every single can coming off the aircraft was empty.

Last week an outbound A300 was having a mechanical. Mechanic was under the wing with the fuel panel open. Next thing you see is fuel being jettison out the dump nozzle. Had to be at least 100 gallons of jet fuel dumped on the ramp. ramp personnel started cleaning it up and the aircraft was pushed back and parked.

Happy Holidays Steve.
Don't be such a stranger

upschuck

So, a city needed an extra plane for their packages. They don't just materialize.

Sure it was fuel, and not the sewage release valve. Some of those pilots have large bladders.

Scuba Steve

So, a city needed an extra plane for their packages. They don't just materialize.

Sure it was fuel, and not the sewage release valve. Some of those pilots have large bladders.

I'm aware of positioning flights especially during peak. This gateway also has a hot spare positioned there. This aircraft was regularly scheduled.

Ha Ha Ha, you're right Chuck about large bladders :) I'm sure it was fuel.

Returntosender

IMG_1313.GIF

upschuck

I'm aware of positioning flights especially during peak. This gateway also has a hot spare positioned there. This aircraft was regularly scheduled.

Ha Ha Ha, you're right Chuck about large bladders :) I'm sure it was fuel.
How do you know that spare wasn't a spare anyone? Ever thought about that?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Very believable.

several peaks ago they sent me to a meet point 239 miles away. halfway there a supervisor in his personal car pulled me over and told me to return to hub.

i asked him why and he told me driver B was supposed to take this load. Driver B had less seniority than I but for reasons unknown that did not matter.

I returned to hub where Driver B had been waiting 4 hours for me. Then he took load which was almost a 10 hour day.

They let me work an extra 8 hours( after I threatened to grieve it ) doing local pickups. Driver B worked 14 hours total.

So 2 drivers worked about 27 hours for a 9.5 hour day.

but i guess they did save money by making supe use his personal car to drive over 200 miles round trip to send me back to hub. he was the type not to ask for compensation for gas etc.

Johney

Very believable.

several peaks ago they sent me to a meet point 239 miles away. halfway there a supervisor in his personal car pulled me over and told me to return to hub.

i asked him why and he told me driver B was supposed to take this load. Driver B had less seniority than I but for reasons unknown that did not matter.

I returned to hub where Driver B had been waiting 4 hours for me. Then he took load which was almost a 10 hour day.

They let me work an extra 8 hours( after I threatened to grieve it ) doing local pickups. Driver B worked 14 hours total.

So 2 drivers worked about 27 hours for a 9.5 hour day.

but i guess they did save money by making supe use his personal car to drive over 200 miles round trip to send me back to hub. he was the type not to ask for compensation for gas etc.
BS.