A vacation's all I really wanted, hey hey!

El Morado Diablo

Our station bids all but your last week in the first round with the exception being you can only bid 2 weeks from June-September. This gives employees with less seniority a chance to get at least one week during the prime summer months. Seems to work for us.

Goldilocks

Yes sir they do. Want spring break because you have school age kids? Fuhgeddaboutit. Not happenin' bub. All the 25 year and ups take it because they always have, even though they don't have kids at home and their grandkids aren't coming. They take it "just because". My SM nearly had a coronary when he asked why I didn't bid my vacation weeks and I told him "Sir, with all due respect, what's the effing point? I can't the weeks I want, or need for that matter..."

I am number 3 in my station and never take spring break anymore because my kids are grown and I want to give others a chance. But that just me...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I am number 3 in my station and never take spring break anymore because my kids are grown and I want to give others a chance. But that just me...

When they first split my station 2 yrs ago, I moved up 21 spots in the seniority list. Then the other station closed and combined with us and I went down 26 spots. Being in the middle sucks major butt cheek.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
At my sta., you get what you need by calling in sick. Up to 2 days in a row and, no silly doctor's note required.
Some dudes are really pushing it, though.

overflowed

At my sta., you get what you need by calling in sick. Up to 2 days in a row and, no silly doctor's note required.
Some dudes are really pushing it, though.

Only time I've ever been asked for a Doc's note recently is when I took a personal for what I said was a doctors app. For once I wasn't lying.

Alleycar

I've been driving for 7ish years, but with the company for 13. Our center lets each person from the top down choose all their weeks at once. I am hoping to see a week I actually want to take off sometime after my 20th year driving lol

DontThrowPackages

Keep hoping my friend...lol
My sentiments exactly. Just a nagging thought but I'm willing to bet once Ground merges with us our vacation time will change for the worse. No new weeks and a 2 week vacation max for life for any new hires. There's pennies still to be had behind the sofa cushions and between the car seats. Don't think they're not going to grab it all.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

My sentiments exactly. Just a nagging thought but I'm willing to bet once Ground merges with us our vacation time will change for the worse. No new weeks and a 2 week vacation max for life for any new hires. There's pennies still to be had behind the sofa cushions and between the car seats. Don't think they're not going to grab it all.

Wonder if the tightwad beezastards like couch pizza or floormat fries?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you have no seniority don't schedule at all. Wait till summer and start asking the scheduling manager every week if anybody cancelled their vacation. This will only work if your at a semi large station. Always worked for me when I was green. Many moons ago .

That's excellent advice. It still works today. Couriers change their minds.