Abney wants mailbox access.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I was under the impression that the customer couldn’t see what we type in the “other” delivery location when they track the package. That’s mostly why I want gate as an option.

I was under the impression that the customer couldn’t see what we type in the “other” delivery location when they track the package. That’s mostly why I want gate as an option.
Don’t know, but have been doing it for over 20 years in 4 different states.

JL 0513

I wonder what's the point of being able to type in a location if the customer can't see it.

I may test this. All you have to do is note the tracking number and track it yourself after delivery.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We don't have a "GATE" option either, we should. I have most of my gate codes and I will take them to the door to keep things from being stolen. I can't believe delivery drivers that leave things out in the weather next to the street where somebody can just stop and steal packages. I have a couple of customers that wouldn't give up gate codes and I stick their stuff in a DR bag and leave them on the other side of the gate post as out of sight as I can.

The post office where I am at doesn't leave anything bigger than an envelope in the mailbox. They will bring my packages to my porch and make another stop to cram envelopes into the mailbox, that makes no sense to me. I would leave the letters with the package, it must be some kind of regulation they have.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We don't have a "GATE" option either, we should. I have most of my gate codes and I will take them to the door to keep things from being stolen. I can't believe delivery drivers that leave things out in the weather next to the street where somebody can just stop and steal packages. I have a couple of customers that wouldn't give up gate codes and I stick their stuff in a DR bag and leave them on the other side of the gate post as out of sight as I can.

The post office where I am at doesn't leave anything bigger than an envelope in the mailbox. They will bring my packages to my porch and make another stop to cram envelopes into the mailbox, that makes no sense to me. I would leave the letters with the package, it must be some kind of regulation they have.
I always think it’s funny when I see a mail carrier do that. They pull in a drive way (always pull in. Never back). Then back out and put the mail in the box. Or vice versa.

Mooseknuckle

I'm in California. We don't have weather. I don't leave things at gates for entire neighborhoods, only single home gates. We still try to leave stuff as much out of sight as possible. One of the main reasons we don't enter is dogs. I'm sure any Onroad Supervisor would rather have a DFU then a trip to the doctor's office.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
i know this sounds crazy, but just because someone was an hourly or a driver for even long periods of time, doesn’t make them a good or successful manager

hope that helps
adc1ef28831d685d14e94e9af24377de.jpg