Abney wants mailbox access.

BlackCat

Was bit by a dog reaching over a gate/fence this past summer. center manager was :censored2: and said I should EC any future deliveries when a dog is present. I run a rural route and most everyone has a dog. Maybe one day this week I will EC the whole damn truck.

I had a lady call in a concern that her dog ripped apart her package and wondered why I stopped leaving packages at the front door.

JL 0513

Walk them puppies. That's why we make the big bucks

You realize there's people with literally 2 mile long private "driveways" [roads]. You going to walk 4 miles for a stop? Granted, the vast majority of these are passable in a PC but there's some bad ones.

You realize there's people with literally 2 mile long private "driveways" [roads]. You going to walk 4 miles for a stop? Granted, the vast majority of these are passable in a PC but there's some bad ones.
Leave it behind a tree 50 feet up the driveway. In a bag.

Not much fits in a mailbox anymore. Would we get low rider package cars with right sided steering too? Many would have a ton of in cab distractions. Have never seen a postal carrier without in cab distractions.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Was bit by a dog reaching over a gate/fence this past summer. center manager was :censored2: and said I should EC any future deliveries when a dog is present. I run a rural route and most everyone has a dog. Maybe one day this week I will EC the whole damn truck.
And some look like they’re collecting dogs. Lol. I have a guy who has four Saint Bernards Another house has about 6 mixed breed lab type dogs. When I knock it’s like there is a dog in every window barking.

Mooseknuckle

It should be the responsibility of the property owner who is isn't accessible for a UPS driver to arrange a way for packages to be delivered or hold everything to the center for pickup.

Who orders a package UPS or FedEx knowing a truck can't get to the house?
A whole lot of people.

onewithedd

Abney will probably spend another 800 million having IE re-loop our routes to make sure we get to stuff the mailbox before the mail carriers can get to it.

Mooseknuckle

Nope. Our other delivery locations are carport, something I can’t remember and never use, patio and shed. I’ve asked out on roads repeatedly about adding gate as an option, but they say they can’t do anything about it.
We have it on the same screen as patio and carport. Don't think I've ever seen shed though.