Abney wants mailbox access.

JL 0513

UPS: We can give consumers 'much better service' with mailbox access

UPS could improve its delivery services if the United States Postal Service began selling rights to access mailboxes as recommended by the Trump administration, Chairman and CEO David Abney told CNBC on Wednesday.

"We look at that as a very positive step, and we think it helps the consumer, because no one wants to get a delivery notice at their door saying they didn't get a package," he said on "Squawk Alley." "If [we] get mailbox access, [we] can just provide much better service."

Earlier this month, the Treasury Departmentproposed that the federal postal service license mailbox access to private entities. The proposal was part of a task force, formed after an executive order by President Donald Trump, that looked into the operations and finances of the cash-strapped agency.

Congress enacted a mailbox restriction for USPS in the 1930s, a mailbox monopoly the task force said is "highly valuable" and could create an additional revenue stream.

"We have a great relationship with our customers," Abney said. "We go to most everyone's houses, but getting access to the mailbox would be an even closer connection."

Not sure how delivery to a mailbox gives UPS a closer connection to the customer than their porch.

ColdHarvest

And? I told the driver on the route I live on to go ahead and put any packages I receive in my mailbox if they fit.

I actually got into it once with a USPS slacker who told me that "wasn't allowed".

Yeah, * It's in my private property, which I pay for. Take a hike.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And? I told the driver on the route I live on to go ahead and put any packages I receive in my mailbox if they fit.

I actually got into it once with a USPS slacker who told me that "wasn't allowed".

Yeah, * It's in my private property, which I pay for. Take a hike.
Man you’re dumber than :censored2: aren’t you

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not allowed to talk about baker.
C98AB3E7-4FF9-480C-AE8C-7A50017ACD61.gif

JL 0513

Bet the mail people would be thrilled to try and deliver mail to mailboxes already stuffed full with UPS packages.

Exactly. As it is, the Post Office is delivering more parcels than ever and they need and use all the mail box space available. If UPS were to gain access, so wouldn't FedEx! Better start installing mail boxes the size of dog houses.