About the cameras in OK and TX...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Teamsters managed to block it in the YRC contract:
"The Employer shall not install any inward facing video cameras/recorders in any vehicles. “Onboard” cameras may not be used for disciplinary purposes under any circumstances."
.....and according to this looks like it took a couple weeks to get a memorandum blocking it (sort of) at ABF:

Let's see if they step up for us too.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The IBT gave them a two tiered driver scale. In fact it was the IBT idea.

Basically ups owns the union at this point.
It is not a secret that the IBT is in bed with Ups, it's pretty obvious. But what we do have is power at a local level, so try and get stuff resolved before it goes to the national level or else it's a lost cause. I can tell the frustration from our BA because he keeps getting stonewalled trying to escalate grievances to a national committee. They kick it back down and tell him to figure it out. Even the union has to fight the union to fight Ups!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our leadership says UPS is ok with the system.
The package delivery company that won’t do things like purchase enough trucks to deliver those packages is spending extra money on cameras with features they don’t intend to use....

Sure I got some ocean front in Missouri to sell you also IBT leaders

clean hairy

The package delivery company that won’t do things like purchase enough trucks to deliver those packages is spending extra money on cameras with features they don’t intend to use....

Won't be long before they contact you to buy that land to build a nice expensive hub on!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Somehow, this thing must make the company money?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Outward facing cameras were a thing for years before though, and always captured the true culprit of any accident or crash which was the drivers going around gates or other sad incidents