access points?????

Packmule

I've been trying to get UPS to set up a Main Street business as a drop off place for people around my little town I service. They say it can't be done because it's a violation of UPS Stores contracts. Wondering how this manages to work in places where nearest UPS Store is 30 miles away.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
AP are not suppose to have more than 25 packages at any one time...
LOL, I've dropped off that many in one day on top of the other piles they have in there and I'm just one of like 4 drivers that goes to that AP everyday. I also pickup a dozen or so every few days that have "aged off" and that we falsify that the customer refused them when many don't even know they are at the AP because the infonotice either blew away, was taken by a slimy neighbor or they simply don't understand the infonotice.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I run a college route and have no problem getting rid of the apartment deliveries.
Cheggs---DR FD

Take your meds. Your narcissism is showing.

Another confession of not following the methods and creating your own?

Driver release unsecured apartments is against the methods.

But please lecture and tell us how everyone should be fired and walked out for their situations and how the company "made the right call".

Do you always like being this hypocritical or is it just the way you were born?

MendozaJ

It sounded logical until this. Why go there more than once?

It's easier to drop them off while still in the vicinity. One access point here may service 3-5 square blocks of a densely populated area which means you'll bypass the same street numerous times as you go up and down the grid. Just clearing up the clutter.

So, will the 80 year old lady that lives upstairs and gets 3 cases of adult diapers have to take the bus to pick up her packages from the access point.

How active a life does an 80 year old in diapers live that she isn't home? Who changes her diapers?

bumped

It's easier to drop them off while still in the vicinity. One access point here may service 3-5 square blocks of a densely populated area which means you'll bypass the same street numerous times as you go up and down the grid. Just clearing up the clutter.

How active a life does an 80 year old in diapers live that she isn't home? Who changes her diapers?[/QUOTE

Once or twice a week she has dialysis, and even if she is home from her treatment she is too weak to answer the door.
I have others that can't get to the door, and their care people are with them at a certain period of time.
I have a lady who is locked in her house all day and can't open the door until her daughter comes home from work.

Save your money. You'll want your kids to put you in a nice care facility when you can't take care of yourself.

Whargoul

I had some pkg today that was sig required and I go to the persons house and he had the info notice on his door and in the box with the access point he wrote " Leave behind the bush or tell me where I can pick it up". Like seriously do people even know how to read anymore?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I had some pkg today that was sig required and I go to the persons house and he had the info notice on his door and in the box with the access point he wrote " Leave behind the bush or tell me where I can pick it up". Like seriously do people even know how to read anymore?
The access point box being so prominent is no doubt confusing people, not like that's hard to do. I circle the tiny "must be here" text on the front and scratch through the signature line on the back, people still sign the front, in the access point box of course lol.

Some people can't be helped... NI and move on.

Indecisi0n

So I paid for shipping yet I need to go pick my own stuff up at the local shop, don't think so.

The drop off is going to keep track of all these packages ? Will they keep non pickups for 5 days like we do at the center? I hope they have an extra ware house in their stock room because those packages are going to pile up real fast.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Access Points get a dollar a box, that's the incentive for them to take boxes. I wish the wine boxes could go there.

oldngray

nowhere special
So I paid for shipping yet I need to go pick my own stuff up at the local shop, don't think so.

The drop off is going to keep track of all these packages ? Will they keep non pickups for 5 days like we do at the center? I hope they have an extra ware house in their stock room because those packages are going to pile up real fast.

Do you have to eventually pick up and RTS those old packages that customers never picked up?

worldwide

I don't think this access point :censored2: will ever get popular... It will disappear like a fart in the wind

Not likely. 8,000 locations in the US by the end of the year and 22,000 worldwide. All 4,400 The UPS Store locations throughout the U.S. are also part of the network. Been used in Europe for a couple of years already. Seems pretty popular so far.

After MyChoice was introduced a couple of years ago, there were comments on this board that it was a useless service and would disappear. UPS now reports that 16 million people are now MyChoice members.

Most receivers like to know when their shipments are on their way and when they will be delivered (MyChoice) and many also want the ability to leave delivery instructions or reroute to a location that allows them to pickup the package after normal work hours and weekends (Access Point). Both of these options combined allow the receiver to control how and when their shipments are delivered.

http://my.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/access-point-receiver.html