Accident Help

Should I tell my supervisor?

• yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
I just recently passed Intergrad however I have not been on road with my supervisor yet so I have not even been on road for one day. Instead I have been working pre-load until my supervisor has time to train me. On my way in to work one morning I rear ended a car in front of me. I didn't have enough following distance so when they slammed on their brakes I didn't have enough time to react. Will this accident affect my status as a driver? Should I tell my supervisor it happened even though it wasn't on company property or on company time?

Assuming they already checked your driving record. Not their business, they'll find it in January when they do their annual check.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Every year, you will sign a paper listing all of your traffic violations.
If you were given a ticket, then when they put that paper in front of you, you list it.

The only time you tell your supervisor about a personal vehicle incident is when you have a DUI/DWI
If you ever hit/rub/touch anything in a company truck, you call your supervisor immediately.

john chesney

I just recently passed Intergrad however I have not been on road with my supervisor yet so I have not even been on road for one day. Instead I have been working pre-load until my supervisor has time to train me. On my way in to work one morning I rear ended a car in front of me. I didn't have enough following distance so when they slammed on their brakes I didn't have enough time to react. Will this accident affect my status as a driver? Should I tell my supervisor it happened even though it wasn't on company property or on company time?
No

john chesney

Every year, you will sign a paper listing all of your traffic violations.
If you were given a ticket, then when they put that paper in front of you, you list it.

The only time you tell your supervisor about a personal vehicle incident is when you have a DUI/DWI
If you ever hit/rub/touch anything in a company truck, you call your supervisor immediately.
We have a winner . Bravo

Indecisi0n

Don't ask, don't tell.