Accused of stealing with no

Fabs

Hi there been with ups for about 2 years now so last month had a driver helper with me. Was with him for a few days. Then the next day my boss and union rep are with me and was accused of ripping some packages labels and accused me of stealing. I filed a grievance has a meeting with union rep. The owner/operator didn’t want me back. They have no evidence on my and can’t proof that it was me. What should I do? Going for another meeting Thursday to request for my job back

542thruNthru

Seems like we are not getting all the facts. You bring up a driver helper for some reason. Then bring up tearing off labels. Seem to be leaving a ton of stuff out.

542thruNthru

Could be a broken box
Could be but he doesn't say that. Just gives vague info. I've never been in a meeting that was just.

"We think you're stealing. Ripped labels. You're fired."

How do they know the labels are ripped if he stole the boxes? Where were the boxes found? What were they? I'm sure he has all this info but for some reason he isn't sharing it

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Could be but he doesn't say that. Just gives vague info. I've never been in a meeting that was just.

"We think you're stealing. Ripped labels. You're fired."

How do they know the labels are ripped if he stole the boxes? Where were the boxes found? What were they? I'm sure he has all this info but for some reason he isn't sharing it
Or they're accusing him with no evidence

542thruNthru

Plus if it was so much lack of evidence like he portrays. He wouldn't be on here asking what should he do because his BA would have already told him that it's a slam dunk and he'll be getting back pay.

Thebrownblob

Seems like we are not getting all the facts. You bring up a driver helper for some reason. Then bring up tearing off labels. Seem to be leaving a ton of stuff out.
Sounds like something’s went missing and someone is indirectly, blaming the driver helper because I don’t know what the driver helper had to do with it? Hard to tell because like you said there’s a lot of missing elements to the story.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi there been with ups for about 2 years now so last month had a driver helper with me. Was with him for a few days. Then the next day my boss and union rep are with me and was accused of ripping some packages labels and accused me of stealing. I filed a grievance has a meeting with union rep. The owner/operator didn’t want me back. They have no evidence on my and can’t proof that it was me. What should I do? Going for another meeting Thursday to request for my job back

You sure on the right forum cuz ups doesent have Owner/Operators

Pullman Brown

Do you work for FedEx?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You still have that Dyson for sale?

YourMissingCallTag

I can only hope you explain your situation better in person otherwise you’re friend*ked. Can’t tell if you’re a driver or a driver helper. Who is the owner/ operator? Never seen that at UPS before…..

When you say “Owner/Operator,” are you referring to Tractor-Trailers (Semi trucks?)
If it is an Owner/Operator and he is contracted with UPS, he owns the truck. And he probably told your boss not to have you scheduled anymore…

Therefore, UPS may try and discharge you, due to not having any available position to put you in. If I were you I would definitely exercise the Teamsters. Best of luck with recourse and re-employment.