Ack!! I almost died

oldngray

nowhere special
That's what they call a secondary violation----give it a few years, they will change it to a primary violation.

In NY they can pull you over for yakking on your cell phone while driving. They have SUV's that sit higher on the road, allowing troopers to look down into vehicles. These have been successful but it is still amazing how many people are on their cells or distracted in other ways while driving.

Do any of you ever see people driving with their dogs on their laps?

NYPD harnesses the power of height to crack down on texting drivers | RocketNews

JL 0513

Just to clarify i wasnt at an intersection I was on a flow-thru road in a residential area, moving at 30mph no stop sign for a mile in the direction i was moving.

This is why I always slow down at every intersection where there's no stop sign. I scan down the crossing road each way as I'm approaching and proceed through slowly. The reality is people blow through stop signs. I'm not going to be a victim of these lunatics.

I see most people go full speed through intersections even in tight residential areas. Makes me cringe.