ADA VS UPS

Concretion

I recently had prostate cancer and I'm asking my union representatives about moving me to another work area so that I can be closer to a restroom. I will have to speak to my physician to determine if I have a disability and if my situation is permanent. How will UPS management respond to my problem? Previous experience answers will be appreciated.

Nah
I recently had prostate cancer and I'm asking my union representatives about moving me to another work area so that I can be closer to a restroom. I will have to speak to my physician to determine if I have a disability and if my situation is permanent. How will UPS management respond to my problem? Previous experience answers will be appreciated.
Just asking the supervisor might be enough. I wouldn't get the union involved for something that could easily be resolved with a little communication.

nWo

If your supervisor is a decent person he will just take care of your completely reasonable request.

But it's UPS they are likely to harass you over this.

They will move you farther away from the restroom.

Do you have any idea how much you screwed up your supervisor's day? How dare you get sick!

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Stop drinking so much coffee
happy-endings-adam-pally.gif

SandSpida

Nothing in the master agreement says you have to use the bathroom to relieve yourself. So you can bring in a bucket or wear a depends if they don’t accommodate your situation.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Any kind of cancer diagnosis is a scary thing. To be successfully treated for it is good news. I hope you remain cancer free, fully recuperate and have little if any adverse work situations.

Superteeth2478

Just asking the supervisor might be enough. I wouldn't get the union involved for something that could easily be resolved with a little communication.
While I can agree that a lot of management people would be reasonable and willing to accomodate this request without issues, it might be a good idea to go ahead and file for an accomodation anyways because if that management lineup is changed you might get a complete ass replacing the reasonable management that will come in and change your work assignment despite any prior agreements. Filing the ADA accomodation now prevents that from occurring and then having to wait in the meantime for the process while the ass management screws with you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
While I can agree that a lot of management people would be reasonable and willing to accomodate this request without issues, it might be a good idea to go ahead and file for an accomodation anyways because if that management lineup is changed you might get a complete ass replacing the reasonable management that will come in and change your work assignment despite any prior agreements. Filing the ADA accomodation now prevents that from occurring and then having to wait in the meantime for the process while the ass management screws with you.
37EDC6CF-BD52-4D5F-B554-651DB3F51ADF.gif