Adrenaline High after a night of loading causing sleepless nights?

BrownChoice

You guys who are saying to "rub one out"

haha!! Why not just have your girlfriend give you dome, or have some good ol fashioned intercourse?! If you dont havs a g/friend then go to the doctor and get a sedative like xanax. I can guarantee you that will put you right out. I recently went to my dr and told him i need help to sleep for the next 2 months and he prescribed me Ambien. Well, long story short i guess the first night i took one i apparently woke up in the middle of the night and tried to bone my woman, she got pissed and i never remembered doing it.

Needless to say, i went back to the doctor and told him.. He laughed his ass off, and said sounds like xanax will do just fine for you then...its more of a sedative not a hypnotic..

shift work/sleep disorder SUCKS!!

nystripe96

When I was a newbie I had that problem as well. I also remember starving even after just having had dinner prior to my twi shift. After a few months my body regulated itself to the workload & my sleep & hunger issues subsided

BrownChoice

:bpotd:
Taking a pill to go to sleep could mask a more serious problem.

I agree. On the other hand, taking 5-10 pills to set your sleep cycle for peak season hours, is what some must do. Of course, after all others fail. I can seep fine non peak. Its the going to bed earlier and earlier it helps to have something to take for5-10 days to set an earlier sleep schedule.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
When I was a newbie I had that problem as well. I also remember starving even after just having had dinner prior to my twi shift. After a few months my body regulated itself to the workload & my sleep & hunger issues subsided

Most that work like we work at the Hubs build lean muscle mass, and that demands oxygen, and nutrition. Hunger is a natural byproduct of the work we do.

I was in to Endurance Sports for a long time, and also into Bodybuilding. I was always hungry, because of the extreme workouts and muscle mass gain. It never subsided.

I'm always hungry at the end of a shift. But I consider it natural. Feed the muscles.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most that work like we work at the Hubs build lean muscle mass, and that demands oxygen, and nutrition. Hunger is a natural byproduct of the work we do.

I was in to Endurance Sports for a long time, and also into Bodybuilding. I was always hungry, because of the extreme workouts and muscle mass gain. It never subsided.

I'm always hungry at the end of a shift. But I consider it natural. Feed the muscles.
So true. Whey protein, greek yogurt, skim milk, strawberries and bananas, blend it all up. Drink it before and after your shift. Drink lots of water. Problem solved. I found it impossible to get enough protein to do this kind of labor without the whey powder, but if you don't want to go that route greek yogurt alone is like a miracle food.

RockinRobin

So true. Whey protein, greek yogurt, skim milk, strawberries and bananas, blend it all up. Drink it before and after your shift. Drink lots of water. Problem solved. I found it impossible to get enough protein to do this kind of labor without the whey powder, but if you don't want to go that route greek yogurt alone is like a miracle food.

That is absolutely right on target. Whey protein is the best. And yes, the magic formula for bodybuilders and/or endurance athletes is to mix it with banana for potassium and some much needed carbs.
When you are working at something like loading for four or more hours, you may think your body wants a Snickers bar. While that is not the worst thing, it is not the best by far. You need complex carbs like a banana or strawberries, combined with protein to rebuild and build up muscle mass and feed the muscle you already have.

My go-to quick solution is Odwalla Protein Bars. Two of them on break. They are natural food and the perfect blend of complex carbs and protein. They saved my bacon on many power-loading occasions.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

"Most"? Who the heck builds lean muscle by lifting boxes?

I hate when drivers/pters think that I got this ripped up by working here.

RockinRobin

I've worked some loads where you had 200 or more boxes weighing 50 lbs each. Plus about 1,200 other assorted delights.
Then you get to load the E-Regs. Anything from boat anchors to Earth Mover tires.
Unless you are on a particularly easy trailer or eating horribly, I can't imagine you not building lean muscle.

cino321

"Most"? Who the heck builds lean muscle by lifting boxes?

I hate when drivers/pters think that I got this ripped up by working here.

I agree. When I was preloader though I was in better shape, when I went driving I gained some weight.

Now after driving for a few years I have learned how to take care of myself better and developed a healthy lifestyle to fit my 10-12 hour work day and hectic lifestyle.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That is absolutely right on target. Whey protein is the best. And yes, the magic formula for bodybuilders and/or endurance athletes is to mix it with banana for potassium and some much needed carbs.
When you are working at something like loading for four or more hours, you may think your body wants a Snickers bar. While that is not the worst thing, it is not the best by far. You need complex carbs like a banana or strawberries, combined with protein to rebuild and build up muscle mass and feed the muscle you already have.

My go-to quick solution is Odwalla Protein Bars. Two of them on break. They are natural food and the perfect blend of complex carbs and protein. They saved my bacon on many power-loading occasions.
General rule of thumb is 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight but this job id definitely shoot for 2 grams per pound of bodyweight and at least 2 to 3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight. Drink straight casein protein before you go to bed. It helps keep your body in a better catabolic state while your sleeping as it is a slower absorbtion type of protein.

STFXG

Plenty of Broscience in here.

And you won't build muscle mass loading trucks unless you are going to the gym after work...

Eat whatever you want. Track your daily macros if you're worried about it.

RockinRobin

OK, the issue here is your self-definition of my statement "Lean Muscle Mass"
Lean muscle mass can be anything that is muscle and does not include fat. Not necessarily BULK. A lot of Triathletes have lean muscle mass, but are very thin. Of course, they have built more slow-twitch VS fast-twitch muscle.

When I started loading trucks, I was a gym rat, a Triathlete and pretty damn buff. Loading has helped me stay that way. Now, if you want 30" biceps, a 46 inch chest and a 32 waist, sure, you have to go to the Gym, lift like an animal, do some quality cardio and watch your diet all after loading trailers. But if you simply want lean muscle VS fat, loading trucks and a sensible diet will do that for you. Especially the trailers I have loaded. When most of the General Public think of UPS parcels, they think of 2 or 3 lb packages they get from Amazon. They don't think of the 45 lb. boxes of facing bricks I have loaded by the thousands. :)