Advice For A New Courier

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The new corporate standard is 60 SPH for deliveries. The DRA team showed Smith a spreadsheet that said so....must be true.
Next year the spreadsheet will show 75. Thornton will be on Frontline demanding that from everyone.

luke

Lol, I wasn't really trained. Had a lax courier that didn't care too much. I worked AM doing deliveries preparing myself for that PM route once more. Now that I know I got 30 days to make numbers, I'm more motivated. Yes, managers will meet with you...Make you intimidated. I just kept my head up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

Just train them to use the computer for Powership or internet labels...
tell them it saves them time and money.
I had a heavy pup route once, when I started it, about 1/2 were still using airbills.
when I was done, only 2 wouldn't use the computer, mostly because they didn't have reliable
connections at their "home offices"

Also another tip if you have dropboxes(you may know this already) you can open the box early
and start scanning, just don't scan that last package before the ready time. then you are good to go. Also don't scan a ground package at an early opened dropbox it'll nail you.(yes we can scan them under exceptions, but I don't think the scan actually does anything)

Why would you pup a drop box early? We get paid by the hour. If your drop box ready time is 1630, you open it at 1630.

Slick silver

I will a get drop box started early, just because after working 10 plus hours I really don't want to be out any longer. Just want to get done and be home.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

I will a get drop box started early, just because after working 10 plus hours I really don't want to be out any longer. Just want to get done and be home.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm sure that 3 minutes you saved by puping a drop box early really makes a difference. By hitting stops early, you're playing right into managements hands. They get away with paying you less for the same amount of work and if anyone ever complains or someone sees you puping early, they can get rid of you no problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure that 3 minutes you saved by puping a drop box early really makes a difference. By hitting stops early, you're playing right into managements hands. They get away with paying you less for the same amount of work and if anyone ever complains or someone sees you puping early, they can get rid of you no problem.

He didn't say he was closing the drop
box out early. He said he was scanning the packages and was all et when it was time to close out the stop. That is working smarter, not harder.

Resident know-it-all.

Cactus

box out early. He said he was scanning the packages and was all et when it was time to close out the stop. That is working smarter, not harder.

Resident know-it-all.
I've done that too.

I'm ready to go back to the barn by then and besides there's always somebody that wants to ship something out 5 minutes after the close time and usually has no paperwork filled out. Hell with that, we'll get it tomorrow.

dezguy

Resident know-it-all.

We aren't supposed to scan packages before the pup open time. All it would take is a manager seeing you puping a drop box early to lose your job. We don't have a union protecting us.

Cactus

We aren't supposed to scan packages before the pup open time. All it would take is a manager seeing you puping a drop box early to lose your job. We don't have a union protecting us.
Heck I've even done this on a checkride. Print up labels, pull the FedEx copies of the airbills, have that all done and at 4:30 scan the barcode inside the box, comeback to the vehicle and scan the packages. Hell, the managers are ready to go home long before then anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The GPS in your Power Pads will show that you are at the drop box when you started scanning the packages and when you closed out the box. You are not closing the box out early----you are just getting ready so that you can close it out right at the commit time.

I just don't see what the issue is.

The GPS in your Power Pads will show that you are at the drop box when you started scanning the packages and when you closed out the box. You are not closing the box out early----you are just getting ready so that you can close it out right at the commit time.

I just don't see what the issue is.
Are you really bold enough,to tell the Fedex drivers.....proper methods?