Advice on how to deal with driving stress?

Steamer

Just avoid the idiots on the road. Use the methods. And if all else fails close your eyes and count to 10 while parked not driving. LOL

Sixth Punch Sense

image.png

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I’ve been driving for over 2 years now and have acquired a lot of seniority that time so that I can bid on some pretty good routes. I’ve also definitely become a better and safer driver during that time. However, I still can’t seem to shake the fear of getting into an accident. I know the union offers job protection but trying to make it 30 years without an accident seems like kind of a daunting feat. Can any vets offer some kind of advice on how to get out of this mindset? Once I’m on the road I’m not too worried about but before I start I just get kind of anxious.
Drive the speed limit, actually use the commentary/habits, head on a swivel, no looking at your phone and the rest is up to God

Foamer Pyle

I have been driving fulltime for 33 years, and I think it’s normal for a newer driving to have some anxiety or nervousness about driving, and it may help keep you on your toes. When you get complacent, or let your guard Down, you are more likely to run into problems. I drive like I have a 4 foot barrier around my vehicle, and try not to let anything get near my barrier. Just last week I had three kids on a bicycle turn into my path, and they never saw me. I had to use my horn, and stop my vehicle. Always be the best you can be.