Scared and worried

sambag

Canada. 3 years as ups driver. I had an accident on January hitting a parked car when my truck slid on ice due to bad weather. Two days ago, Oct 25, 6pm dark at night, I hit another parked car when it was parked far from the sidewalk. I had to go over yellow lane a bit to avoid it. When I got back to the lane, I clipped car’s bumper with the middle part of my truck.

Manager decided to suspend me for 3 days. Union guy said. I have 2 options: accept 3 days or grieve but manager said they will up it to 5 days. Manager said I’m lucky because other drivers get fired after 2 accidents in a year. He’s just probably trying to scare me and it is working. Union guy advices me to take 3 days because 90% chance they won’t implement it because our department is in desperate need of drivers.

My big problem is I’m living in fear. I get anxiety and depression easily. Now I drive in fear. My mind is always saying: what if I get into an accident again within a year? I will lose my job. And it’s affecting my personal life as I have kids to feed. Need advice to help me ease my mind?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I was still working after two "last chance" agreements within a year of each other and with a C.M. who hated me. If you've already been told you're lucky and have been given the option to take 3 three days might as well do what feels safe.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Canada. 3 years as ups driver. I had an accident on January hitting a parked car when my truck slid on ice due to bad weather. Two days ago, Oct 25, 6pm dark at night, I hit another parked car when it was parked far from the sidewalk. I had to go over yellow lane a bit to avoid it. When I got back to the lane, I clipped car’s bumper with the middle part of my truck.

Manager decided to suspend me for 3 days. Union guy said. I have 2 options: accept 3 days or grieve but manager said they will up it to 5 days. Manager said I’m lucky because other drivers get fired after 2 accidents in a year. He’s just probably trying to scare me and it is working. Union guy advices me to take 3 days because 90% chance they won’t implement it because our department is in desperate need of drivers.

My big problem is I’m living in fear. I get anxiety and depression easily. Now I drive in fear. My mind is always saying: what if I get into an accident again within a year? I will lose my job. And it’s affecting my personal life as I have kids to feed. Need advice to help me ease my mind?
If you drive scared, you’ll probably end up in another accident. Maybe driving isn’t your thing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh that's right you're a package driver just smoke pot like the rest of them
IMG_7186.png

Brownwind

Drive using the methods and don’t take short cuts. Protect your reputation and the shield on your truck. It’s not hard you did it for three years.

Take your three days and count it a win

Sometimes life just happens.

Try to figure out what you're doing wrong and work a little safer

What'dyabringmetoday???

Run Forrest, run...

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He has his head in a bad place. He needs to snap out of it.
Once you get that fear, it’s very hard to shake. You could see it in the new guys, they hesitated too long at a 4 way or roundabout, or they weren’t sure when to merge. I told them to follow the driving habits but drive with purpose and authority. You shouldn’t be too aggressive but being a wimp is just as bad.

Once you get that fear, it’s very hard to shake. You could see it in the new guys, they hesitated too long at a 4 way or roundabout, or they weren’t sure when to merge. I told them to follow the driving habits but drive with purpose and authority. You shouldn’t be too aggressive but being a wimp is just as bad.
Unfortunately the poor kid is walking on eggshells afraid to make another mistake