Scared and worried

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Exactly, and that can get people hurt. Driving comes with risks, but that’s the job. Hey if it was easy then every driver would be legendary. Lol
You should see how some of these feeder guys walk around…seriously I think some of them consider themselves John Homes Jr. Cocky AF.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It was bad weather…ups chooses to have drivers out in inclement nasty ice, snow, sleet…they know that there is a risk. Now if the kid is crashing into everything on a sunny day then there might be a problem.
I drove in ice and snow. It’s part of the job depending on the region. If you can’t do it, move on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I drove in ice and snow. It’s part of the job depending on the region. If you can’t do it, move on.
True but I’ve seen accidents swept under the rug because of bad weather…it’s no excuse but makes things more difficult…especially when dealing with other drivers who don’t know what tfigo

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
True but I’ve seen accidents swept under the rug because of bad weather…it’s no excuse but makes things more difficult…especially when dealing with other drivers who don’t know what tfigo
And the company doesn’t want to call you off the road.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've been spoiled this year by the weather and 8-ish hour days so I need to do this too but when it gets a little dark, rainy, icy you really need to drop anchor and be consistantly mindful of what situations you are putting the truck into, walking if necissary.

On a sunny day like today. You will see me doing all kinds of crazy things with clearances (Lots of car-sized traffic calming, street parking, construction crews) to get on a street but as soon as I see the moon or a raindrop hits I trek it

Clean windows, well adjusted mirrors and good operable brights also help tremendously. I always sneak a little bottle of glass cleaner and a squeegee head into my bag for when I have to ride the resident slob/runner truck. I've also written up a dozen trucks for headlight toggling issues, there are a lot of common problems with these cars and the turnstalks are one of them.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Seriously no reason to be “scared”… in the end it’s just a job. If you lost it there are others you could go get. Maybe the pay wouldn’t be as high but maybe less stress. What good is a high paying ups job when you’re dead from a heart attack???