Affirmative Action Struck Down By SCOTUS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This probably isn't the Trumpian White Nationalist "win" it appears to be for the usual suspects. If everything scholastic is a meritocracy, it isn't going to be any of the kids from the trailer park who benefit. It will be the East Indians/ Asians with 4.25 GPAs and perfect SAT scores. It's pretty hard to ace the LSAT (law school), but they'll have that handled too. An A- is an Asian "FAIL". Just ask the Asian kid who got grounded for getting that grade in Applied Physics or Trigonometry. Think I'm kidding? There's a reason they excel, and it's because their parents push them incredibly hard, OR they are self-motivated because they know the value of education.
Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it. Affirmative Action recipient Clarence Thomas says Harlan Crow told him to say that.

Last edited:

newolddude

Fz0mbR4XwAI4Uft

vantexan

This probably isn't the Trumpian White Nationalist "win" it appears to be for the usual suspects. If everything scholastic is a meritocracy, it isn't going to be any of the kids from the trailer park who benefit. It will be the East Indians/ Asians with 4.25 GPAs and perfect SAT scores. It's pretty hard to ace the LSAT (law school), but they'll have that handled too. An A- is an Asian "FAIL". Just ask the Asian kid who got grounded for getting that grade in Applied Physics or Trigonometry. Think I'm kidding? There's a reason they excel, and it's because their parents push them incredibly hard, OR they are self-motivated because they know the value of education.
Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it. Affirmative Action recipient Clarence Thomas says Harlan Crow told him to say that.
What's wrong with rewarding kids who work hard to achieve good grades and test scores?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's wrong with rewarding kids who work hard to achieve good grades and test scores?
Nothing, except when it excludes kids who don't have access to the same opportunities.There will be an extreme over-representation of Asians. Your side acts like it's a great victory, because all of those Rust Belt kids will now "succeed". No, and never, because they won't do the hard work. The SCOTUS decision gained your side nothing but "getting their way". It's completely ironic and hypocritical to have Clarence Thomas, who was a product of AA, have anything to do with it.
You can't level a playing field and a fair game when some of the players have both hands tied behind their backs.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The Democrats seem to think they should be able to use or ignore the Constitution at will.
These people are evil.

AB831

A lot of mediocre, uneducated middle class white folks are about to find out just how mediocre their kids actually are and they won’t have the token “minority got a handout” excuse to help them cope 🎻

AB831

If that’s what schools actually did, it would be fine. They historically haven’t, however. Affirmative action, though far from perfect, put guardrails up to make sure qualified Black kids couldn’t be denied entry into college because Brittany Ann and Lindsey Lou’s dad was an alumnus and/or donor. I really don’t understand how this concept is so hard to understand.

AB831

It amuses me that the loudest whiners on here are people who 1) never went to college and 2) probably wouldn’t be able to get into one if they applied, but somehow have convinced themselves their yowling is about something other than pure racism.

AB831

Whataboutism shows a lack of intelligence. Why shouldn't the equal protection clause apply to affirmative action?
Umm because affirmative action is a way of ameliorating the inequality that the equal protection clause exists to ameliorate. Once you accept the idea that racism actually exists towards people of color and that you aren’t actually a victim at all, this concept shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Umm because affirmative action is a way of ameliorating the inequality that the equal protection clause exists to ameliorate. Once you accept the idea that racism actually exists towards people of color and that you aren’t actually a victim at all, this concept shouldn’t be too hard to understand.
You can use all the big words that you want, but the equal protection clause doesnt say or mean to, "ameliorating the inequality that the equal protection clause exists to ameliorate."
Equal protection means just that and for you to support it for gay marriage while damning it for affirmative action shows a major disconnect from reality in your understanding of how it works

AB831

You can use all the big words that you want, but the equal protection clause doesnt say or mean to, "ameliorating the inequality that the equal protection clause exists to ameliorate."
Equal protection means just that and for you to support it for gay marriage while damning it for affirmative action shows a major disconnect from reality in your understanding of how it works
Right. Where did you study constitutional law?

AB831

Where did you? I know they don't teach it at FedEx. The Supreme Court just told you what the Equal Protection clause means. I bet you think we are a Democracy too.
Whataboutism is a sign of low intelligence. Right, the Supreme Court, one third of which is comprised of unqualified judges appointed by a con artist is definitely a better arbiter of Equal Protection than decades of judicial precedent set by qualified judges. I don’t work for FedEx.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Whataboutism is a sign of low intelligence. Right, the Supreme Court, one third of which is comprised of unqualified judges appointed by a con artist is definitely a better arbiter of Equal Protection than decades of judicial precedent set by qualified judges. I don’t work for FedEx.
You used to work for FedEx* my bad

vantexan

If that’s what schools actually did, it would be fine. They historically haven’t, however. Affirmative action, though far from perfect, put guardrails up to make sure qualified Black kids couldn’t be denied entry into college because Brittany Ann and Lindsey Lou’s dad was an alumnus and/or donor. I really don’t understand how this concept is so hard to understand.
But there are state universities everywhere that aren't difficult to get into. The schools that are competitive have an unwritten promise that a degree from them carries more weight in getting employment. And the elite schools almost guarantee a well paid job and bright future after graduation. Thus if they set entrance criteria that makes acceptance extremely difficult but consistently make exceptions based on skin color rather than merit they are causing harm to students who worked very hard to meet the entrance criteria. A black kid should have equal opportunity for equal effort. Should have excellent chances for acceptance if their record is superior. But if they don't they should seek an education elsewhere as should everyone else. To say we've got plenty of this one group, let's take more from this other group even though beyond the few we've already accepted there aren't any as qualified as the remaining candidates in the first group, is unfair to that first group. Affirmative action making sure that kids got a chance to get educated was a good thing. Affirmative action used to give preference to one group over an other is discrimination. No one should get preference if they didn't earn it.