Agenda driven Newbies to Brown Cafe

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wondered what was going on when I couldn't get on for awhile this morning.

I also would open some "new posts" and there was nothing posted there........but they would still stay on the forum page in bold letters as new posts.

Weird!

What'dyabringmetoday???

There have been an unusually high amount of new members registering over the past couple of months because of the contract, I actually expected that. What I didn't expect was the email campaign to take this site down but we've weathered that kind of thing before so it didn't really worry me as much as it ticked me off. Denial of service attacks don't scare me anymore. I back everything up and I'm a patient person.
:tongue_sm
This group will eventually fade away... brown cafe had it's 8th anniversary a couple of days ago so we've seen this all before.

I don't read every thread here but from what I have seen there is a small group of angry, agenda driven bullies here only because of the battle cry to "take the site down". The majority of newbies are just people here because they are trying to figure out some very complex issues.

I have confidence that our real members are smart and can tell the difference between the two.
Can you folks post a list of the "real members" so I won't get confused?? Thanks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
hey scratch, do you work out of the center that delivers to the ceo? Are there any stories related to delivering to him. I had heard somewhere that the fedex driver will actually shake his hand and everything.

No, the Boss lives on the North side of town and probably gets delivered out of the Pleasantdale (P'Dale) Hub. I work out of Forest Park Hub, located on the South side below the Atlanta Airport. I saw him at the Centennial Party at the Atlanta Airport, but he left before I got the chance to introduce myself. He was walking around by himself greeting people, shaking their hands, and posing for pictures. No big posse around him, he came across as being approachable. He comes across much different in person than he does on video. We did have somebody on here one time that is a Saturday Air Driver. He posted that his bosses were flipping out one morning when they had an EAM letter for his house come in late.

Damok

It's not a one sided street. We have other people on the opposite side of it trying to buffalo people into voting yes. All these scare tactics about stock price, stockholders, volume loss, autoworkers union, etc. Many of these people are management, just look at the voting polls, management and known retirees are voting "yes" on the poll to skew the results. Anyone who allows their vote to be persuaded over an internet forum is clearly not very bright.

And you're here why?

I'm curious to know where you get your information about who is voting on the polls and why. I'm pretty sure Kreskin isn't lurking here so I assume you have access to information the rest of us don't.

I'd be interested to see you link the posts of people actually telling others to vote no vs the posts from people telling others to vote yes. I can't recall many if any posts where people here are telling me to vote yes. I do see people with vested interests in the contract discussing what they like and dislike in a civil manner. I also see too many posts where people come in and spout misinformation and downright goofy facts to support an agenda.

Frankly I take information about volume loss, stock price, the UAW trouble. etc as seriously as I take information about weak contract language, low starting pay for hourlies, outrageous CEO compensation, etc. All these things are relevant in my eyes and I weigh them all when making a decision. it doesn't seem like you're interested in any information that doesn't support the conclusions you've prematurely drawn.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Like many here we have been looking for any info on the contract for weeks even months. I signed up at makeupsdeliver and received their emails and updates, i never received an email to come to this site. Now with that being said i did receive an email and an invite to sit in on a conference call to discuss the contracts pros and cons on this last sunday. I thought it went real well hearing the good, the bad and the ugly and this went on for about 90 minutes, however at the end of the conference call, we were asked to go onto all ups realted websites and infrom the members and this site was the first site mentioned.This goes out to all of you tduers, your input is welcomed, but we are a family here, we all dont agree and fight with each other just like a normal family. We know what posters have valuable information and what posters are full of it, so do everyone a favor and allow us the time to debate the issues without any outsiders with your own agendas. We do know who you are because most of us here do not only post under contract talks, we actually do care about each other and the company and union we belong to. Stop forcing us your kool-aid!

Last edited:

Damok

Like many here we have been looking for any info on the contract for weeks even months. I signed up at makeupsdeliver and received their emails and updates, i never received an email to come to this site. Now with that being said i did receive an email and an invite to sit in on a conference call to discuss the contracts pros and cons on this last sunday. I thought it went real well hearing the good, the bad and the ugly and this went on for about 90 minutes, however at the end of the conference call, we were asked to go onto all ups realted websites and infrom the members and this site was the first site mentioned.This goes out to all of you tduers, your input is welcomed, but we are a family here, we all dont agree and fight with each other just like a normal family. We know what posters have valuable information and what posters are full of it, so do everyone a favor and allow us the time to debate the issues without any outsiders with your own agendas. We do know who you are because most of us here do not only post under contract talks, we actually do care about each other and the company and union we belong to. Stop forcing us your kool-aid!

I'm a little confused... did you quote me because you think I'm a TDU'er?

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
I guess I'm somewhat to blame for some of the "newbies" I have been bragging to the other drivers in my building about the comedy, insight, and just plain fun being able to see how upsers handle working for big brown in other parts of the country. I am a long time driver, past shop steward, and tried and true union guy. I never mean't to sway anyone's vote, one way or the other. I would hope we wcould have a reasonable, intelligent dialogue concerning the handshake agreement so we can all make an informed decision for all our futures.

diesel96

Well, I haven't insulted anyone on the boards. I too want people to read the contract. The ONLY folks I'm upset with are the ones who have run our pension into the ground (the trustees at CS) and then expect us to be happy that these same incompetent clowns (in BOTH plans) get a fresh infusion of cash with no checks or balances. What is going to happen to those with full/partial coverage in CS when ABF leaves the fund? OR the new cash is "invested" poorly again?

I have to disagree with this somewhat.....There may have been a currupted CS Trustee or two back in the day but history reveals OUR Teamsters in conjunction with the Mafia/Mob did their damage pilfering the Central States pension fund. Now with declining numbers of members of Union jobs in general, and CS sponsored Co's giong belly up, it can not recover without a infuse of funds and a buy out which UPS has provided. Even if you don't belong to the Central States plan this has become a Teamster problem and a UPS problem as a whole.

http://johngrant.wordpress.com/2007/10/

http://www.sdreader.com/php/cover.php?mode=print&id=1999111

brazenbrown

There are plenty of facts being posted. Not every single post against the contract is going to read like a college thesis. Talking about things and trying to get other people to see your point of view is basic human interaction. It's not some nefarious agenda at work. As agendas go, you're working an agenda right now since you support this contract, and everyone else shutting up about it would work in your favor. "Hi, Pot. I'm Kettle. You're black."

People have a lot to be angry about right now. This is a nice neutral site that isn't supported by UPS or the Teamsters, so we come here to talk about things.

People also have a lot to be happy and thankful about too.

Your last line is my whole point..

"This is a nice neutral site that isn't supported by UPS or the Teamsters, so we come here to talk about things."

I'm not the one screaming that the contract is garbage and if there was a campaign telling everyone to vote YES I'd feel the same way..

Perhaps you're just not aware of all the crap that has been going on but if the administrator of this site says...

There have been an unusually high amount of new members registering over the past couple of months because of the contract, I actually expected that. What I didn't expect was the email campaign to take this site down but we've weathered that kind of thing before so it didn't really worry me as much as it ticked me off. Denial of service attacks don't scare me anymore. I back everything up and I'm a patient person.

Or how about this...

I think these two posts support the fact that there has been a focused campaign by many to get their agenda across.:wink:

I'm not working any agenda but rather trying to stop one that is trying to influence others by taking advantage of this nice and neutral site.:thumbup1:

F

Former Member

"Agenda driven Newbies to Brown Cafe"

Oh my God, the above is the reason I've almost given up on BrownCafe. I now only lurk when I used to post daily. BrownCafe has gone down the toilet (NO offense to Cheryl and my friends the regulars). It now just takes soooooo long to wade through all the BS, it's hardly worth it, and certainly no fun anymore.

I long for a return to the "old" BrownCafe.....

705red

Browncafe Steward
"Agenda driven Newbies to Brown Cafe"

Oh my God, the above is the reason I've almost given up on BrownCafe. I now only lurk when I used to post daily. BrownCafe has gone down the toilet (NO offense to Cheryl and my friends the regulars). It now just takes soooooo long to wade through all the BS, it's hardly worth it, and certainly no fun anymore.

I long for a return to the "old" BrownCafe.....
I was really just wondering where you have been at the last couple of weeks. Tieguy please come back!

agitator

What a bunch of push overs.."cant we all just get along"...please..."neutral"???Sorry but "there is nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos"...talk is nice...but THIS IS OUR PRESENT AND FUTURE FOLKS!!

Oh dear..oh my...passionate and harsh words...members with a strong pov..."we are a big happy family"???....what world do you live in?? "FAMILY" doesnt harass you and spy on you and overwork you and fire you and now undepay you???

Listen, there are 2 sides here...like it or not...IT IS US VS THEM....PICK A SIDE!!

"agenda"???like stating opinions and talking about the facts ..oh i see, if YOU ALL dont agree with it , its an agenda...please...get over it...there exists a loud and active majority of ups teamsters who disagree with this rotten contract...sorry folks...IT SUCKS...

Another thing..i too was on that phone call 705red spoke about...it wasnt conspiratorial...it ended with spread the word about whats in the contract...thats it..yes it included coming on this site...big deal..you people cant handle it?? you answer speach you dont like WITH MORE SPEACH...not censorship...how come certain threads were "moved"???

Stop the appeasement...FIGHT FOR YOUR FUTURE...DONT SUBMIT!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
you answer speach you dont like WITH MORE SPEACH...not censorship...how come certain threads were "moved"???

So agitator, tell me why threads about the contract were moved to the UPS Labor Relations forum because we're a big evil corporate conspiracy and not because they were related to labor relations?

Would you like to post your feelings about the contract in Lighten UPS and UPS Informations Systems too?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What a bunch of push overs.."cant we all just get along"...please..."neutral"???Sorry but "there is nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos"...talk is nice...but THIS IS OUR PRESENT AND FUTURE FOLKS!!

Oh dear..oh my...passionate and harsh words...members with a strong pov..."we are a big happy family"???....what world do you live in?? "FAMILY" doesnt harass you and spy on you and overwork you and fire you and now undepay you???

Listen, there are 2 sides here...like it or not...IT IS US VS THEM....PICK A SIDE!!

"agenda"???like stating opinions and talking about the facts ..oh i see, if YOU ALL dont agree with it , its an agenda...please...get over it...there exists a loud and active majority of ups teamsters who disagree with this rotten contract...sorry folks...IT SUCKS...

Another thing..i too was on that phone call 705red spoke about...it wasnt conspiratorial...it ended with spread the word about whats in the contract...thats it..yes it included coming on this site...big deal..you people cant handle it?? you answer speach you dont like WITH MORE SPEACH...not censorship...how come certain threads were "moved"???

Take a pill agitator. They were moved to make it easier for FOLKS who want to see contract only news, opinions etc. Kinda like those who only want jokes, and recipes. Trying to make it more convienient for those of you/us to get to the heart of what is on your mind. You dont need any special clearance to get there, it was just moved to another forum. Go there and click, nothing has been censored/altered/erased/or edited, just listed in one place all together. Neat and orderly. All you need in one click. You are welcome....tooner

satellitedriver

From my point of view, you misspelled US in the sentence you posted.

"Listen, there are 2 sides here...like it or not...IT IS US VS THEM....PICK A SIDE!!"

I think it should be spelled UpSer's.
And, who is THEM?

Leftinbuilding

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am sorry. I had to "submit". This is funny.

agitator

From my point of view, you misspelled US in the sentence you posted.

"Listen, there are 2 sides here...like it or not...IT IS US VS THEM....PICK A SIDE!!"

I think it should be spelled UpSer's.
And, who is THEM?

Us stands for Teamsters/workers VERSUS "them" which stands for "brown"/ups/ corp management ups/etc...if you dont get...you dont get!