Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly a BILLION dollars to the families of Sandy Hook victims

floridays

Bit of a difference between Freedom of Speech and using his standing to tell lies and incite hatred.

Speech is Free,but lies............they gonna cost him

It was not only free speech, it was political speech.

What exactly was his standing?

If as you say hatred was incited, what exactly and to whom was this hatred directed?

He was speaking his opinion of the government, what he thought the government was committing.

Didn't I ask you in a kinder gentler way?

Convince me of one word or "truth" you just posted

I now await your regular non-responsive answer, or maybe you will throw up mindless meme or two.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It was not only free speech, it was political speech.

What exactly was his standing?

If as you say hatred was incited, what exactly and to whom was this hatred directed?

He was speaking his opinion of the government, what he thought the government was committing.

Didn't I ask you in a kinder gentler way?

Convince me of one word or "truth" you just posted

I now await your regular non-responsive answer, or maybe you will throw up mindless meme or two.
excerpts from this Alex Jones ordered to pay nearly $1 billion for Sandy Hook lies

The lawsuit accused Jones and Infowars’ parent company, Free Speech Systems, of using the mass killing to build his audience and make millions of dollars. Experts testified that Jones’ audience swelled when he made Sandy Hook a topic on the show, as did his revenue from product sales.
In both the Texas lawsuit and the one in Connecticut, judges found the company liable for damages by default after Jones failed to cooperate with court rules on sharing evidence, including failing to turn over records that might have showed whether Infowars had profited from knowingly spreading misinformation about mass killings.
Because he was already found liable, Jones was barred from mentioning free speech rights and other topics during his testimony.
Jones now faces a third trial, in Texas around the end of the year, in a lawsuit filed by the parents of another child killed in the shooting.

Excerpts from this article. This details the inciting violence from his rantings ( using his position to influence )

Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the government so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting “completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event to sway public opinion.

Here's what you need to know about what Jones said about Sandy Hook:

Alex Jones discussed 2012 Sandy Hook shooting on Infowars program​

Alex Jones called the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting a hoax on his radio show "Infowars," claiming it was "staged" by the government so they could "go after our guns” and “start a civil war.”
In the aftermath of the tragedy, Jones called the shooting “completely false” and accused grieving parents of being “crisis actors," or people acting as victims of a tragic event to sway public opinion.
In his deposition last month, Jones claimed he was not responsible for the effect his statement had on the parents of the children killed in the shooting because he "wasn’t trying to cause pain and suffering." Jones also claimed that the victims of Sandy Hook and their parents are being used to diminish the First Amendment.
“If questioning public events and free speech is banned because it might hurt somebody’s feelings, we are not in America anymore. They can change the channel. They can come out and say I’m wrong. They have free speech," Jones said.

What are the accusations Alex Jones faces in his trial?​

Jones’ conspiracy theories gained traction among far-right supporters, prompting some to harass the parents of the deceased children. Parents of 6-year-old victim Jesse Lewis endured years of harassment and death threats. Neil Heslin, Lewis' father, described it as a “living hell," including an instance where someone drove past his house, firing shots and shouting "Infowars" and "Alex Jones."
"My life has been threatened. I fear for my life and safety, and the safety and life of my wife," he said.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Fe5e_iKWQAEMoBU.jpg

floridays

You don't even read what you post.

Your article said exactly what I posted.
His whole thrust was it was a government produced false flag event.

It was first political speech, directed at the government, protected by the first amendment.

It was an instance of aggrieved parents looking to be made whole by some one.

PT Car Washer

It was first political speech, directed at the government, protected by the first amendment.

You still have your QAnon free speech.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

I deliberately left that in: he claimed it was Free Speech,the Jury didn;t buy it and said he must pay close to a Billion smackers because his lies incited hatred

floridays

You still have your QAnon free speech.
For at least the 10th time stated on this site. I have stated that and even posted my view of the creation of this Q.

Why does it seem only the leftists know and can define QAnon?

Are you provoking me?
You understand one might view your post as an attack, as an incitement?
An incitement that could lead to an escalation, are you baiting me?

@Jones @BadIdeaGuy, I may be offended, I may take this as a personal attack. If I choose to define it as such in the future it should be duly noted this post upset me.
I'll leave it as he laid it, he's full of :poop: anyway, I'm aware it was a :bsbullf: post and it's intent.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Left what in deliberately?
the part where AJ claimed it was "politial speech" when in fact it decided by the jury that the lawyers representing the family proved he used his standing to promote Hate Speech.

Freedom of Speech does not mean one is free from consequences from what one says

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I remember shortly after Sandy Vagina happened I offered taking this girl I was seeing to the range and asked if she thought she'd be more interested in revolvers or semiautos and she immediately exclaims "Oh no! Not semiautos!! Semiautos killed all those kids!!!" Slurped up that MSM nonsense like a bitch in heat.

vantexan

Just my two cents. If I was a Sandy Hook parent, and anyone said my sorrow wasn't real, it was a bunch of actors used to try to get gun control, and that person was making money off my and my family's pain, in light of the terror and suffering my child went through before dying and being permanently taken away from me, I would go after that person with any means possible to hurt them.

There are two parties to this kind of insanity. Those who make up this BS for personal gain. And those who believe it because they want to believe anything negative about their ideological opponents. Doesn't matter if you're a conservative wanting to believe the worst about liberals or vice versa. Too busy hating to try to understand what happened and why. And don't want anyone asking them to consider alternative points of view. Just tell me what I want to hear so that I can rage against the other side. And alternative points of view don't include the lies told that started this narrative. It's filth, pure and simple. If you're a person who doesn't know the difference then maybe you should start expanding your horizons.