The Milkman

Quit your other job then. You are already saving $1600 a month on insurance

When I started I always looked down the road at the benefits, Medical, Pension, etc instead of the hourly rates. We always made decent pay and at contract time many young guns said I want it in my pocket. I always looked ahead saying put more into the benefits, some day the young guns will look back when the costs were zero and wonder what happened as the give backs mounted in Ups's favor. Looking back many of those young guns are now my age and realize what fools they were back then

Poop Head

Judge me.
Look up Riff Raff he has some special teeth and tries to rap lol.
Uhh.. Yeahh..
Dont drive a Benz, but i got them bennies.
Cant afford rent, but i my teef look pretty.
Four o'clock start, done at seven thirty.
The part time life, hunger pains, full of strife.
Walk to the bank because i cant afford a bike.
Teller laughs at me, cuz the checks itty bitty.
I say, look fool, not tryna sound cool, but my benefits worth more than your kid's catholic school!

possibleparrot381

But one important thing they are learning from you that you might not realize is, hard work. They're learning work ethics from you, and Im sure your kids will grow to be successful just like you and they'll look back and understand. The value of the dollar isn't what it used to be in the 50's where you could buy a new vehicle for $1999.00. So it's not surprising the 50's family lifestyle has all but completely disappeared
It's only gonna get worse

possibleparrot381

Once I became eligible, I shut down my insurance through my day job, as did my wife. Insurance for myself and my two children through my job - 377 every paycheck (paid bi-weekly). My wife - her insurance cost her 400 bi-weekly. 1554 a month back in our pockets thanks to UPS. The tradeoff - my kids only get to see me for a half hour in the mornings during the week as I'm gone before they get home, and they are in bed asleep by the time I get home. It's a catch 22 - I like the benefits and the extra pay (I started UPS for the extra pay and the fact that it's the only job I found with evening part time hours that don't infringe on my day job's hours), but it's killing me not being able to see my kids other than the weekends.
Are you a driver? Regardless I'm sorry to hear that I'm still single and no kids and it's hard enough for me I don't know how family guys do it

quad decade guy

It really is a shock for me. I started at UPS when I was 17. Still in high school. I’ve never paid for insurance.
Odd. That's why I stay. But get ripped everyday. "You need to leave" "you are a failure because you stay' "you have no plan" "you need to leave and start paying for your insurance..."

Yet, I started at 18 and have never payed for any insurance. The birth of my daughter...free. On and on. My wife has cancer now. How screwed would we be with less insurance than we have now?

$100k+ free insurance 7 weeks vacation....yeah I need to leave....plan? Well my plan is to make another million, soak up free insurance, vacation and then collect Medicare and SSI. I can handle 7 more years. Bennies? you bet.

quad decade guy

When I was self-employed, ObamaDontCare wanted me to pay $800 a month with an $8000 deductible. LOL Needless to say I laughed, threw the application in the trash, and just paid the fine every year... * em
If you are a Democrat/liberal whatever, thank a Republican. It's hard to imagine people would vote for folks that would put them in jail for being forced to buy a mandatory Govt. program. Hard to believe.....

JJinVA

If you are a Democrat/liberal whatever, thank a Republican. It's hard to imagine people would vote for folks that would put them in jail for being forced to buy a mandatory Govt. program. Hard to believe.....
Bro I think you got me mixed up with someone else lol