All Right Jimmy Carter!

moreluck

golden ticket member
patience.jpg

I wouldn't go as far as to say 1000% correct or even 100%, but he does make a few good points. IMO, if they open up drug use as legal for all drugs, people that go out and intentionally assault their body with cocaine in it's various forms, heroine, LSD and other very addicting drugs should be on their own should they decide to kick the habit. Why should everyone else have to pay for someone else's bad choices.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was impressed with Jimmy Carter speaking today about his cancer. He's 90 and has a great understanding of his condition and the radiation he faces this afternoon. His doctors have kept him well informed and he understands it clearly.
He discussed his procedure and plan and I found myself saying "Yep, that's what they do, yep, that's how they do it."
I wish him luck with his plan ....sounds like he's got some good doctors there.

Sportello

No matter your political/ideological point of view, you have to admit that Jimmy Carter's life is one to be proud of. I can't think of one person of influence who has done so much for people in in as Carter has done in his 'post leader' life. He has certainly walked the walk. He's had a good life no matter what, and a great POV looking forward. We should all be so altruistic. I hope he's healthy enough to do his Habitat trip.

wkmac

When I hear the name "Habitat for Humanity" the name Jimmy Carter is one of the first things I think of. His face and that tool belt IMO made Habitat a household name. Politics aside, his charity actions post Presidency has been most impressive and I don't see his legacy in that being equaled for a long time to come.