Almost Arrested Until I Told The Police Who I Work For!

A

anonymous6

Today I was almost arrested for trespass on school property during school hrs. I was just cutting thru parking lot to get to the pool in the back. I have been going to this pool for years and usually drive to the pool but today I walked.

3 cops came and told me to turn to the wall and frisked me and started asking a lot of questions. The sgt told me that going thru the parking lot was trespass and it looked like I was gonna be arrested until i told them i was on vacation and didn't know i was doing anything wrong. The sgt asked me who i worked for and when i told him his eyebrows immediately lifted and they all 3 seemed to relax.

after a couple more questions( about my job ) the sgt told me i was free to go and told me not to cut thru the student parking lot and go by the road. this happened about 3 hrs ago and i am still breathing a sigh of relief.

it made me wonder if anyone here has ever had experiences with the cops that turned out OK after they found out you worked for UPS ???

Returntosender

If their is one thing ups should have taught you. Methods/rules follow them. It's to reduce your chances of getting hurt or in trouble.

SmithBarney

Public school? Not trespassing, frowned upon cause they don't want scum hanging around kids. Arrest? It wouldn't hold up
probably wouldn't have happened. They might have bothered you for awhile, until you said something like "I need to call my lawyer."

Now the "touchy" question. Were they profiling you?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wanna know why cops stopped you?
[video=youtube;tu1tXKebG_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1tXKebG_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

A

anonymous6

Public school? Not trespassing, frowned upon cause they don't want scum hanging around kids. Arrest? It wouldn't hold up
probably wouldn't have happened. They might have bothered you for awhile, until you said something like "I need to call my lawyer."

Now the "touchy" question. Were they profiling you?

they said it is a ' closed campus". actually it made me feel a little good that they are so concerned about strangers on campus. all my children have already graduated but I have a couple grandchildren that will be going there in 4=5 years.

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
Well I'd be suspicious of you as well if you look anything like your avatar.  I see a guy who looks like sasquatch.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i was pulled over within sight of the building doing a ridiculous speed on the way to preload once

shoulda gone to jail; cop let me go because of UPS

it was really stupid, and a wakeup call, i don't go over the speed limit, ever, anymore