Already had a 2nd interview at UPS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Keep calling them. Twenty or thirty times a day is minimum! Ask for a phone number or if you like, some folks here can provide the number.

PT Car Washer

Not necessarily is HR lying. My building is still hiring permanent PT on all sorts. But having to wait 3 weeks does not sound right. In my building they ask if you can start tomorrow.

Chung L

I applied like a month and a half ago. The position online DID NOT say permanent though. I don't know. And I did have 2 interviews on which the second, she said she'd call me within a week to sign papers. I guess I'll just have to be a grasshopper and wait.

Blkgiraffe

I applied back in early September and didn't get a call back until last Friday and just started Monday. What they're most likely doing is running through new hires like crazy and you're in line to fall in after them. Most quit within the first week, if not the first day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I applied back in early September and didn't get a call back until last Friday and just started Monday. What they're most likely doing is running through new hires like crazy and you're in line to fall in after them. Most quit within the first week, if not the first day.
Yup....I don't even bother learning their names anymore. It's Hey, new guy!

You've Got Mail

I interviewed 2 weeks ago and missed a call last night from HR telling me she wanted to set me up for a road test for today. I called the number she left in her message and nobody picked up (seemed automated) so I left a message saying that I am definitely still interested in driving and would appreciate a call back with information about when I could take the road test.

It's now 12 noon the next day. Still no call back. What would you do in my situation? Call again and leave another message? Go to UPS and talk to someone? Wait til Monday?

You've Got Mail

I just got the call back, and my road test is tomorrow at 1pm!

I drive stick every day for the past...12 years now, so that part should be cake.

I'm just worried about the size of the dang thing :/

freewave

Hope for a good clutch....and be sure to downshift when slowing down rather than just using the brake.....don't coast out of gear....and don't drift back at all on the parking on a hill test.

You've Got Mail

be sure to downshift when slowing down rather than just using the brake.....don't coast out of gear....and don't drift back at all on the parking on a hill test.

If I'm not coming to a complete stop, I shift down to the necessary gear when it's time to accelerate. Until then, I always leave it in the gear I was in when I started braking. Am I okay doing that in the truck?

Is there any wiggle room on the hill test? I don't use the e-brake for that in my car, never learned that strategy, so on a steep incline I'll roll back a few millimeters, maybe an inch at most. Guess I'll ruin the clutch tomorrow :sweating:

freewave

Just used the clutch giving it gas as usual, and rolled back a few inches (burnt clutch) so got a demerit which is 20 points. Got 2 demerits for not downshifting coming to downhill stops...which are 10 points each. You get 1 demerit for coasting out of gear.....10 points. I passed...but you fail at 125 points. If you've never driven at least a 24' truck...you might have trouble. What's the largest you've driven?

freewave

Yes....package cars are smaller, but the older models with the clutch and manual steering drive like a larger vehicle. The feeling overall including engine torque feels more like a 24' truck than driving a basic step van.