Am i getting ripped off for pay? Driver Helper information Thread

orion963

It is hard for me to talk to the inside because i meet the driver at a meet point so i do not get to go to the hub.

I will count my hours through a cell phone app and i will make sure it matches the online system.

Other wise, i do not mind this job and i guess a lot of companies will either hire in January, so in the mean time, i will apply to job sites through cell phone applications.

It is a good idea to apply to jobs while I am still working. At least i am still making money, so everything is great!

Still, i feel like a total loser when i realize how much the full time driver makes. The driver gets to drive all day, and here and there, he gets to sort out the packages. I do all of the lifting and delivering.

PS: i do realize that driving is not that always hard nor easy. it can be dangerous and perhaps soothing. the pay comparison is quite shocking between the driver and the helper. Yes, in this industry, veterans do make money like a king and us new comers get treated like minions.

anyways, i keep my mouth shut and people love me when i do my job because they get to see me and perhaps interact. i get told all the time that i am better than the competition some times, and that good things will happen to me after a few months because this is a major learning experience. i will get better opportunities either within the company or else where. That is the reason why i stay so calm, positive, and stay focused on the job. I keep reminding myself to be super professional as much as i can. and yes, i have been told that i should become a police officer LOL. I guess that is a good thing because the residents like to live in a peaceful and safe neighborhood. you never know what you can stumble on to during your work hours. you can't just assume that every person or every resident is peaceful. shady people are everywhere for all you know. that is how i see it.

i secretly love my job. sure, it may look easy or difficult at times, but boy, do i love the fresh air. i get to lose weight. i get to eat lot of healthy food. i get told that what i am doing is great because people just love to shop. so this job is mandatory for society.
Am a driver helper out of Massachusetts my pay last year was 18 a hour 40 hours a week this year it 23 a hour I work Monday thru Saturday 9am to 8 pm the lastest it been 4 and a half weeks waiting on my direct deposit I start 1st week in November and I finsh up this Saturday am not really worried about not getting paid for almost the whole peaks season maybe there deposit all 2 month worth of checks in one lump sum as a helper we do 310 stops a day 6 days week

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Am a driver helper out of Massachusetts my pay last year was 18 a hour 40 hours a week this year it 23 a hour I work Monday thru Saturday 9am to 8 pm the lastest it been 4 and a half weeks waiting on my direct deposit I start 1st week in November and I finsh up this Saturday am not really worried about not getting paid for almost the whole peaks season maybe there deposit all 2 month worth of checks in one lump sum as a helper we do 310 stops a day 6 days week
Are periods illegal in your home country?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
How do you know you get paid 23 an hour if you haven't been paid?
You need to look into this. Get the Center Managers # from your driver, and make sure your checks aren't in someone else's bank account.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
310 stops 6 days per week? I call bull:censored2: on that one.