Am I in the Wrong?

wht1zzfe

Went out yesterday with 140 stops on a route that most the veteran drivers agree 95 is heavy on. Did 95 the day before fine. So 140 stops all county roads and fm stuff in a rental. They told me to run it however I wanted but I decided I'd just follow the board so they at least couldn't say :censored2: to me about that. It had me going back and forth 6-10 miles at a time, delivered to the same street I'd been on hours before. At one point it took me 20 minutes away. I'm thinking alright I'm going to the last chunk of :censored2:. Nope took me through the city I was in, through the next, into another. Then after those stops 20 minutes back to where I had come from. At this point I'm 60 miles from the building and just under 1/4 of a tank. $100 out of my own pocket the past week alone on gas and have heard some pretty bad stories from other drivers about troubles getting reimbursed. We had a very nice speech about family and helping and how routes on the loop I was on were the heaviest. Didn't hear :censored2: all day but I have routinely been pulling 30-50 stops off of people out in the country. Fuel light finally came out so I said :censored2: it and headed back with 40 stops. Got back with the needle under E and went home. I figure if they give me :censored2: I'll just deliver until I run it dry next time...

I'm still fairly new and really don't want to make waves. I've just been yes sir whatever you say need me to come back in 4 hours after you sent me home no problem. Need me to go out in the dark in a rental in the country? Sure. Also kind of tired of feeling like I'm getting jerked around.

WTFm8

Send a DIAD message in if you’ll need fuel.

Unless it’s inclement weather/middle of nowhere, drive it till it’s dry. They’ll provide a gas card then.

Went out yesterday with 140 stops on a route that most the veteran drivers agree 95 is heavy on. Did 95 the day before fine. So 140 stops all county roads and fm stuff in a rental. They told me to run it however I wanted but I decided I'd just follow the board so they at least couldn't say :censored2: to me about that. It had me going back and forth 6-10 miles at a time, delivered to the same street I'd been on hours before. At one point it took me 20 minutes away. I'm thinking alright I'm going to the last chunk of :censored2:. Nope took me through the city I was in, through the next, into another. Then after those stops 20 minutes back to where I had come from. At this point I'm 60 miles from the building and just under 1/4 of a tank. $100 out of my own pocket the past week alone on gas and have heard some pretty bad stories from other drivers about troubles getting reimbursed. We had a very nice speech about family and helping and how routes on the loop I was on were the heaviest. Didn't hear :censored2: all day but I have routinely been pulling 30-50 stops off of people out in the country. Fuel light finally came out so I said :censored2: it and headed back with 40 stops. Got back with the needle under E and went home. I figure if they give me :censored2: I'll just deliver until I run it dry next time...

I'm still fairly new and really don't want to make waves. I've just been yes sir whatever you say need me to come back in 4 hours after you sent me home no problem. Need me to go out in the dark in a rental in the country? Sure. Also kind of tired of feeling like I'm getting jerked around.
Are you a seasonal?
Never pay for fuel out if your own pocket, that's not your responsibility.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U can't get a map printout before u go on route?

There was another brownie who saw the horrible trace & if he followed it, he also would've run out of fuel

ORION Excellence

a45bf4c7-2f14-45ac-afe5-52354edefbf1-jpeg.272961

Looking at @Re-Raise example, I would've knock out the northern section, get the stragglers in between, then sweep the south

Keep under the radar until you make book, unless you're seasonal???

Indecisi0n

Only person you screw buy leaving the truck on empty was the next driver to use it. Dick move.

542thruNthru

You were doing great until the end where you went home.

You should have message them that you're running out of gas. If or when they told you to pay for gas just tell them. "Sorry don't have the money."

At the very least you should have fueled up at the building when you got back and went back out.

Now managment is going to say you dishonestly smoked/burned packages by leaving them in the truck with out a scan. They can also say you abandoned your job by just coming back and leaving. I'm assuming you told no one you were leaving and that 40 stops were still in your truck.

542thruNthru

Also once you've punched out and are gone... do not... do not... come back.

barnyard

KTM rider
Only person you screw buy leaving the truck on empty was the next driver to use it. Dick move.

We do not have people in my building that fuel trucks. 2 years ago, I had a different truck every day for 2 weeks during peak. Every single day it was empty. Bid came up for a route in January and even though it was not a route I wanted, I signed it because I was sick of fueling and cleaning garbage out of unassigned trucks.

Freaking pigs.

wht1zzfe

Send a DIAD message in if you’ll need fuel.

Unless it’s inclement weather/middle of nowhere, drive it till it’s dry. They’ll provide a gas card then.
I called the dispatch office and had them see if anybody nearby had a gas card. Never heard back.