Amazon’s got A/C

Whaaaaaa

Saw this Amazon big package car on my route with doors closed (see attached photo), so I talked to the driver. I asked him how he liked the new car and if they gave him more stops. He said he liked the car but was mad because it didn’t have a radio. He said it has a/c and cameras that show the back sides and top of car. I said really. He said we have key fob remotes so he can leave the car running with a/c on and remotely lock and unlock the doors, so it’s always cool inside cab and the rear.

I started to tell him that nice car is why they pay him half of what we get paid, but I didn’t want to be cruel. I was jealous, though.

Attachments

• 96F8A790-3AAE-4B53-B06C-F4B977A028FD.jpeg
    96F8A790-3AAE-4B53-B06C-F4B977A028FD.jpeg
    505.9 KB · Views: 88

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Saw this Amazon big package car on my route with doors closed (see attached photo), so I talked to the driver. He said we have key fob remotes so he can leave the car running with a/c on and remotely lock and unlock the doors, so it’s always cool inside cab and the rear.
Somehow I think that's to keep all the electronics invested in the PC cool and not specifically for the driver.

Leave it running....?

Let the roll aways begin.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I literally never seen a Amazon van with engine shut....
Agreed.

But this is a little bit more length, width and height than a van.

Along with this whole handbrake debate...

I'm glad it's clearly marked so we don't get the backlash for the future accidents.

ouanling

he has threads on his front tire

do any of you have thread? I've checked all the trucks at my depot, none has any thread left, just the back tires.

Ghost in the Darkness

The Fedex ground driver in my area has AC in his truck. He laughed when I said ups claims it wouldn't do any good. Same idea would prbly apply to heat according ups...lol.

Ackerlin

When I was PT, I worked at an Amazon hub for a little bit, they have vending machines employees can use at any time for free, that had gloves, knives, medicine, etc. But the work culture there is 10x worse than the :censored2: we gotta put up with.