Amazon buying fedex.. Whaaat!

bacha29

Wrong! You were the one who said that Wall Street makes millions of transaction every YEAR. It's millions of transactions every
every DAY. You're a MANAGER!. You're supposed KNOW the action on Wall Street. I'm just a little trader who makes about a hundred trades a year. You're a MANAGER!. You should be completely versed on put and call options margin trades, futures, derivatives and not even working for Freddy in the first place!

It will be fine

Wrong! You were the one who said that Wall Street makes millions of transaction every YEAR. It's millions of transactions every
every DAY. You're a MANAGER!. You're supposed KNOW the action on Wall Street. I'm just a little trader who makes about a hundred trades a year. You're a MANAGER!. You should be completely versed on put and call options margin trades, futures, derivatives and not even working for Freddy in the first place!
Might want to cut back on the day drinking, Bacha.

vantexan

You're wasting your breath...he doesn't even know how annuities work. But he'll sure tell you he knows more than you!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
every DAY.

Really looking hard for something to take issue with, aren't you?

You're a MANAGER!. You should be completely versed on put and call options margin trades, futures, derivatives and not even working for Freddy in the first place!

I listen to Dave Ramsey and am a passive investor who averaged 10% or so annual growth over the last 10 years. Work smarter, not harder, hoss.

59 Dano

You're wasting your breath...he doesn't even know how annuities work. But he'll sure tell you he knows more than you!

Van, understanding how an annuity works isn't that difficult. I spent an entire semester calculating them and determining which ones would (or wouldn't) work in any particular set of circumstances and so on and so on. It certainly doesn't make me an expert on the topic by any means, but I'd venture that I have a better understanding that the average guy on the street.

If you were as astute to financial matters as you like to think that you are, you wouldn't be in the shape you're in.

vantexan

Van, understanding how an annuity works isn't that difficult. I spent an entire semester calculating them and determining which ones would (or wouldn't) work in any particular set of circumstances and so on and so on. It certainly doesn't make me an expert on the topic by any means, but I'd venture that I have a better understanding that the average guy on the street.

If you were as astute to financial matters as you like to think that you are, you wouldn't be in the shape you're in.
I'm in the shape I'm in because I work for FedEx, enough said. I made $125k in 1994 in a coffee bull market after building $4300 of my own money into $11k in 17 small trades. I've taken chances you can't imagine. And I've lost big too, so much so that a trading partner sued me because he got it into his head winning is automatic. I didn't have the money to fight him in court and he got a default judgement for $128k because I didn't show up. Had my paycheck garnished and with my meager FedEx pay was bringing home less than $350 many weeks. So I've been there, done that, but at least I tried. And yet with my pension I'll live better overseas than you will here. So scoff all you want, you think you know but you don't know :censored2:e.

59 Dano

I'm in the shape I'm in because I work for FedEx, enough said. I made $125k in 1994 in a coffee bull market after building $4300 of my own money into $11k in 17 small trades. I've taken chances you can't imagine. And I've lost big too, so much so that a trading partner sued me because he got it into his head winning is automatic. I didn't have the money to fight him in court and he got a default judgement for $128k because I didn't show up. Had my paycheck garnished and with my meager FedEx pay was bringing home less than $350 many weeks. So I've been there, done that, but at least I tried. And yet with my pension I'll live better overseas than you will here. So scoff all you want, you think you know but you don't know :censored2:e.

In other words, the sum of your decisions will allow you to live a nice life if you move to a poor enough country... AND YOU BRAG ABOUT IT.

vantexan

In other words, the sum of your decisions will allow you to live a nice life if you move to a poor enough country... AND YOU BRAG ABOUT IT.
If you had a clue you'd be scary. Do the research and you'd be surprised at the quality of life in many places if you bring your own income. Yep, I came up short, but moving overseas was always my safety valve. You on the other hand have been conditioned to believe you can only have a good life in the U.S., and feeling superior to those not doing as well as you is part of your mindset. I will live very comfortably on much less than you will, and you'll have to keep striving to maintain that lifestyle. Like a hamster on wheel who keeps telling himself it's a very nice wheel.

FedGT

If you had a clue you'd be scary. Do the research and you'd be surprised at the quality of life in many places if you bring your own income. Yep, I came up short, but moving overseas was always my safety valve. You on the other hand have been conditioned to believe you can only have a good life in the U.S., and feeling superior to those not doing as well as you is part of your mindset. I will live very comfortably on much less than you will, and you'll have to keep striving to maintain that lifestyle. Like a hamster on wheel who keeps telling himself it's a very nice wheel.
I was highly considering Fiji (no joke) after what is going on I am reevaluating that one. This mark a couple big time natural disasters in a few years.

59 Dano

You on the other hand have been conditioned to believe you can only have a good life in the U.S., and feeling superior to those not doing as well as you is part of your mindset.

I can have a good life here, as well as elsewhere. I don't feel superior to much of anyone outside of those who refuse to acknowledge and accept their own limitations.

I will live very comfortably on much less than you will, and you'll have to keep striving to maintain that lifestyle. Like a hamster on wheel who keeps telling himself it's a very nice wheel.

My lifestyle is pretty plain and uneventful. There isn't much glamour in the Dave Ramsey get outta debt plan. Once that's done, I can buy just about any wheel I want and pay cash for it, but the regular ones suit me just as well as the fancy ones, so I'll probably stay as cheap as I am now.

vantexan

I was highly considering Fiji (no joke) after what is going on I am reevaluating that one. This mark a couple big time natural disasters in a few years.
I'm not as interested in the exotic as I used to be, but Fiji would certainly be interesting. These days I would prefer to blend in, be safe, have good internet and good food. I love mountains but will take flatlands for good biking. And it all has to make my wife happy. She's onboard for where we're moving because she wants to see Italy and France.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
There isn't much glamour in the Dave Ramsey get outta debt plan..

We did Ramsey's program, adhered to the 7 steps and it worked like a charm - mortgage paid off way early and now in debt to absolutely no one.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who's serious about wanting to be debt-free. Follow it to the letter and it works - and it's actually kinda fun in a twisted sort of way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We did Ramsey's program, adhered to the 7 steps and it worked like a charm - mortgage paid off way early and now in debt to absolutely no one.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who's serious about wanting to be debt-free. Follow it to the letter and it works - and it's actually kinda fun in a twisted sort of way.

I am also a Dave Ramsey disciple. I found myself in a less than optimal financial situation after my divorce. Started by creating a binder in which I listed all of my creditors and their corresponding balances. I chose the highest balance to focus on and updated the list on a monthly basis, deleting a creditor from the list when their balance had been paid in full. I also kept a running total of my debt repaid on a monthly basis. It was kind of fun to watch the names on the list dwindle down to where there were none. It took a lot of personal sacrifice and dedication but within 36 months I was completely free of personal debt and am now well positioned to retire in 2 years.

The only part of his program that I did not personally agree with was his focus on his religious beliefs. The program works well whether you choose to tithe or not.

My daughter and son are both using the program to pay off their student loan debt.

bacha29

Van: Having graduated with honors from the Joseph Goebbels Institute Of Propaganda and Disinformation, Dano 59 is so heavily indoctrinated in the X ideaology that if even his beloved X were to be indicted on charges that border on treason,no matter the level of obvious guilt no matter how hopeless the defense he would still be in there trying to protect his employer. He reminds me of the late Paul Harvey. He defended NIxon right up to and including Harvey's last broadcast on the day Nixon resigned' Dano is PAYED to use every available medium to deflect criticism of his employer and to discredit any ideas that might improve the daily work experience of the average Express employee or Ground contractor. He happily embraces that task because he knows that if his services were no longer needed by his employer he doesn't the credentials or the resume to prevent him from falling all the way to the bottom and having to start all over again.

59 Dano

I am also a Dave Ramsey disciple. I found myself in a less than optimal financial situation after my divorce. Started by creating a binder in which I listed all of my creditors and their corresponding balances. I chose the highest balance to focus on and updated the list on a monthly basis, deleting a creditor from the list when their balance had been paid in full. I also kept a running total of my debt repaid on a monthly basis. It was kind of fun to watch the names on the list dwindle down to where there were none. It took a lot of personal sacrifice and dedication but within 36 months I was completely free of personal debt and am now well positioned to retire in 2 years.

The only part of his program that I did not personally agree with was his focus on his religious beliefs. The program works well whether you choose to tithe or not.

My daughter and son are both using the program to pay off their student loan debt.

It's hard not to feel like a fool when you start working the program and realize how simple it is. I never realized how undisciplined I was. Stop taking on debt and write down your plan each month of how you're going to spend your money. It's crazy.

59 Dano

Van: Having graduated with honors from the Joseph Goebbels Institute Of Propaganda and Disinformation, Dano 59 is so heavily indoctrinated in the X ideaology that if even his beloved X were to be indicted on charges that border on treason,no matter the level of obvious guilt no matter how hopeless the defense he would still be in there trying to protect his employer. He reminds me of the late Paul Harvey. He defended NIxon right up to and including Harvey's last broadcast on the day Nixon resigned' Dano is PAYED to use every available medium to deflect criticism of his employer and to discredit any ideas that might improve the daily work experience of the average Express employee or Ground contractor. He happily embraces that task because he knows that if his services were no longer needed by his employer he doesn't the credentials or the resume to prevent him from falling all the way to the bottom and having to start all over again.

WTF are you talking about?

Purple no more

This rumor has been floating around for a while. Amazon has enough cash to buy FedEx. It would be in their interest to buy the Company. One of the issues with Amazon is controlling costs, and shipping is one of the highest costs that they have currently.