Amazon Just Made an Unexpected Move That Could Crush FedEx and UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Amazon Just Made an Unexpected Move That Could Crush FedEx and UPS - Entrepreneur

It's the company's latest play in connection with its massive shipping and logistics operations.

Amazon has already become the most dominant online retailer, and it's poised to take over the delivery space next. The ecommerce giant announced the launch of its Buy with Prime program on Thursday; the service provides third-party retailers access to the company's extensive shipping and fulfillment network, even for orders on non-Amazon sites.

Retailers using the service will have the option to attach the Prime icon to items on their website that are eligible for free two-day or next-day delivery. Additionally, Prime members will be able to use the payment and shipping information associated with their Amazon accounts to place an order. It's a major opportunity for Amazon to cash in, as sellers will pay various fees for payment processing, fulfillment, storage and more.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Amazon Just Made an Unexpected Move That Could Crush FedEx and UPS - Entrepreneur

It's the company's latest play in connection with its massive shipping and logistics operations.

Amazon has already become the most dominant online retailer, and it's poised to take over the delivery space next. The ecommerce giant announced the launch of its Buy with Prime program on Thursday; the service provides third-party retailers access to the company's extensive shipping and fulfillment network, even for orders on non-Amazon sites.

Retailers using the service will have the option to attach the Prime icon to items on their website that are eligible for free two-day or next-day delivery. Additionally, Prime members will be able to use the payment and shipping information associated with their Amazon accounts to place an order. It's a major opportunity for Amazon to cash in, as sellers will pay various fees for payment processing, fulfillment, storage and more.

Until retailers realize Amazon is using their information to undercut them.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
UPS has and still is helping Amazon to build up so they can crush us. As soon as Amazon made it known they was a competitor of UPS, UPS should of told them to go pound sand. This would of set Amazon back years. UPS taking the short term benefit will cost them a heavy price in the long term. I don’t think UPS was “getting the Big Picture“

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That's a pretty nice treat 4 times a year. If i can ask cash or reinvest ?
Reinvest. when I started working for UPS I talked my parents in making a sizable purchase ( thru me with the discount ) for their portfolio and I had automatic buys from my paycheck for years.

My folks passed 6 and 8 years ago and the estate was split between myself and my brother and sisters.

I do have to pay more taxes than I want to on the dividends ...haha

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
So you’re saying you have roughly $2 million in ups stock
Once again gonna call you out on your bull:censored2:
SMDH
seems believable. Although having that much of your net worth in one asset is risky, it's also typical of the random millionaires out there. We have a kid here who at one point was a half million dollar part time worker by investing an outsized share of their paychecks on crypto. twitch streamer who quadruples his earnings with pure short positions, etc.