Amazon Logistics

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Scuba Steve, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

This week I saw a staging area that had at least 100 tractors in Amazon colors and logos. They said Amazon Logistics on the side. It looks like they are moving feeders in house or at least owning tractors and leasing them to drivers.

Do you think they could be partnering with DHL? Amazon handling DHL North American shipments while DHL handles Amazon Intl shipments? DHL’s first try into North America failed but this makes sense. It cuts costs for both carriers. It allows both carriers to grow in areas that are underserved.

Use to see a lot of white tractors with black DHL logistics on the door with unmarked white trailers going into Amazon fulfillment centers. Seeing the Amazon Logistics tractors in a staging area leads me to believe that Amazon and DHL are going to be working closer.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It only took us a 100 years to get where we are so of course Amazon can do it in a years time.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

They've been using semis for years, now.

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

Yes they have with their own trailers. The new part is these are Amazon tractors now. Blue and gray with the Amazon arrow on the door. Like their Sprinters.

5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I've seen those for a while now.

6. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

We got a message yesterday stating no more held by customer at Amazon while waiting for loads. If it’s not ready contact dispatch. Sounds like we are tightening the screws on them. Again, for the 1000th time I’m not sure why we dont drop them altogether and let them drown in their own vomit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Indecisi0n

You been seeing a lot of stuff for a while now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. RTCD

RTCD New Member

Doesn’t matter how long UPS has been around. Every day is a new day and Amazon has enough money to do anything they want. They’ll eventually eclipse us and we’ll be left in the dust.

9. Indecisi0n

Layoffs started here months ago man. We are seeing it first hand.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Sabbra Cadabra

Back to package you go...

11. Indecisi0n

I been keeping my numbers up so hopefully they offer me at least a management position . My sup said if I take care of him he will take care of me.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

where have I heard that before?

13. Indecisi0n

Vietnam?

14. rod

rod retired and happy

You are forgetting how slow UPS has always been trying to keep up with changing technology.

15. rod

rod retired and happy

no - closer to home than that

16. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Member

The technology UPS is forcing through now is a joke.

17. brostalss

brostalss Well-Known Member

Harvey Weinstein?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

I have gone from working 6 1/2 hours a day part time preload to 3.5 maybe 4h. Hours are being cut.

19. Brisket

Brisket Well-Known Member

Normal slowdown towards the end of summer, just hold on if possible, you will be begging for a day off because you will potentially have more hours than you want.

20. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Were his lips moving when he said that?