Amazon Logistics

Scuba Steve

This week I saw a staging area that had at least 100 tractors in Amazon colors and logos. They said Amazon Logistics on the side. It looks like they are moving feeders in house or at least owning tractors and leasing them to drivers.

Do you think they could be partnering with DHL? Amazon handling DHL North American shipments while DHL handles Amazon Intl shipments? DHL’s first try into North America failed but this makes sense. It cuts costs for both carriers. It allows both carriers to grow in areas that are underserved.

Use to see a lot of white tractors with black DHL logistics on the door with unmarked white trailers going into Amazon fulfillment centers. Seeing the Amazon Logistics tractors in a staging area leads me to believe that Amazon and DHL are going to be working closer.

ManInBrown

We got a message yesterday stating no more held by customer at Amazon while waiting for loads. If it’s not ready contact dispatch. Sounds like we are tightening the screws on them. Again, for the 1000th time I’m not sure why we dont drop them altogether and let them drown in their own vomit.

RTCD

It only took us a 100 years to get where we are so of course Amazon can do it in a years time.....
Doesn’t matter how long UPS has been around. Every day is a new day and Amazon has enough money to do anything they want. They’ll eventually eclipse us and we’ll be left in the dust.

Brisket

I have gone from working 6 1/2 hours a day part time preload to 3.5 maybe 4h. Hours are being cut.

Normal slowdown towards the end of summer, just hold on if possible, you will be begging for a day off because you will potentially have more hours than you want.