Amazon to deliver for other companies?

Yolo

Amazon will definitely start taking some of our Market Share. They are growing rapidly. Its only a matter of time

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Ha ha the news shows “amazon breaking records this holiday season...” and they show three different amazon vans and two amazon vans pulling from their HQ...get real, wonder “who” else delevered all your :censored2:.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I've always said I didn't have to worry about Amazon delivering stuff until they started delivering stuff for other people. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned by other people.

Amazon Likely To Offer Consumers a Standalone Alternative to UPS and FedEx - View from the Wing

We all know they do a pretty crappy job and they should be paying their employees more, but if they bring a cheaper option for people, it's only going to take away business from us. I can only hope that my 14 years with the company is enough so I can finish riding it out until retirement.
They can’t deliver their own stuff all by themselves right now. How you figure they can hock other companies cardboard? Doubtful

The Driver

I drive.
They can’t deliver their own stuff all by themselves right now. How you figure they can hock other companies cardboard? Doubtful

I really hope you're right. And maybe you are. But what if Amazon decides they're going to run package car type vehicles, I could see them expanding into our B2B operation. Of course they're going to need the hub & spoke sorting system which I'm not 100% sure they could replicate given their current setup. Who knows.

I just tell the younger guys to work and save, work and save. Never know when we'll face real, stiff competition.

TTLS1

I really hope they don’t get into it. But most likely they will do what they always do... deliver it at a massive loss till they penetrate enough of the market, then raise the prices and turn on the profits.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I really hope you're right. And maybe you are. But what if Amazon decides they're going to run package car type vehicles, I could see them expanding into our B2B operation. Of course they're going to need the hub & spoke sorting system which I'm not 100% sure they could replicate given their current setup. Who knows.

I just tell the younger guys to work and save, work and save. Never know when we'll face real, stiff competition.
I mean, all it’s going to take is for them to fully not need any other company to dominate our industry. That’s when it will get interesting. And let’s be honest, that’s probably less than 5 years away. Sure their quality of service and drivers for that matter can’t touch our brand. But the general population mouth-breathers don’t actually care about that. They just want their eventually discarded into the ocean crap regardless of service.

I sure hope I passed my electrician apprenticeship test/interview.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But what if Amazon decides they're going to run package car type vehicles,

I've seen those types of vehicles only in news articles... never in real life in my area

specialty-img-3-600.jpg

U know y Amazon DSPs choose freight liners and promasters? So they can skirt the 70 HOS rules to work a 7 day operation

It's happening to FXG as well. Sure, some subcontractors are getting those Ford gas guzzling p1000/1200, but those are for mainly b2b delivery ops. They're usually in dense areas and some probably will work under 60 hours /week, but at a cost of degeneration of your body at a faster rate

But 7 day residential stops need a handful of vehicles under 10,000 lbs limit for drivers who want to go 6-7 days/week

Dough99

I mean, all it’s going to take is for them to fully not need any other company to dominate our industry. That’s when it will get interesting. And let’s be honest, that’s probably less than 5 years away. Sure their quality of service and drivers for that matter can’t touch our brand. But the general population mouth-breathers don’t actually care about that. They just want their eventually discarded into the ocean crap regardless of service.

I sure hope I passed my electrician apprenticeship test/interview.