Amazon to deliver for other companies?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by How Now Brown Cow, Dec 26, 2019.

1. I've always said I didn't have to worry about Amazon delivering stuff until they started delivering stuff for other people. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned by other people.

Amazon Likely To Offer Consumers a Standalone Alternative to UPS and FedEx - View from the Wing

We all know they do a pretty crappy job and they should be paying their employees more, but if they bring a cheaper option for people, it's only going to take away business from us. I can only hope that my 14 years with the company is enough so I can finish riding it out until retirement.

2. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

You get what you pay for
    If they aren’t capable of delivering their own volume what makes you think consignees will tolerate their subpar service?

3. UnionGuy

UnionGuy New Member

I'll apply to work for them and start sabotaging everything. I'll spread the word to Unionize there. Cause a ruckus and make the amazon workers revolt. Hit Amazon where it hurts.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I’m so sick of hearing about amazon

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. giphy (32).gif

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. When they know they're not shipping out necessities and have to offer free shipping to compete, you think companies are going to pay extra for top of the line delivery service? Seems like they will do just about anything to save a buck.

7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Those guys are gonna eat our lunch eventually, we probably have a few years before it happens though.

8. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I've heard they are trying to cherry pick easy freight from customers who already sell on their platform.

UPS is probably loving this. They can get rid of low margin accounts throughout the year and then gouge the crap out of those companies and Amazon during peak season. Make the same amount of profit while moving fewer packages.

9. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Leta face it eventually Amazon will figure out what they're doing. Not because they're smarter or any good at what they're doing but because they have an unlimited wallet to throw at it. This is why we need to just hurry up and put FedEx under so we dont have to worry about it. They're ripe for the picking.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

11. Bob11B

Bob11B Active Member

They will fail

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Dough99

Dough99 Member

Umm cheaper rates ‍♂️

13. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

Thats like a bad acid trip for ups drivers

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Just like when you get some electronic toy that has the batteries in it.
    Where is they sound coming from??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Wilson1397

Wilson1397 Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!

All day long trying to find that SOB. Usually locate it about 10 minutes before you have to deliver it.

16. There the truth

17. Air Recovery

Air Recovery Active Member

I was at the post office the other day and every :censored2:ing target box was talking to me. A few of them were giggling. It was the trippiest :censored2: - i was glad it was daylight and a few usps workers were around. If it was at night i wouldve been pretty creeped out

18. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

redrum?

19. myback

myback Member

Amazon driver involved in accident and killed an Amazon executive, safety first right?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Boywondr

Boywondr The truth never changes.

8f126ff00c7be2c7cfd83f60cf73b944.gif
    Purple haze.
    @Old Man Jingles ?