Amazon will take all your ignorant route buyers

Exec32

That assumes that UPS and FedEx would want those packages. I don't remember the number for UPS, but a little over a year ago Amazon comprised between three and five percent of FedEx's business across the Express, Ground, and SmartPost segments, with the bulk of it going to Ground and SmartPost. If they were to lose all but the BFE freight, then they wouldn't be any worse off to turn down the BFE freight as well. That's assuming FedEx wouldn't gladly take it... for the right price.
So you think X, UPS, and USPS are gonna become buddies and turn down money, plot against Amazon, lol I lol lol One of those three will partner with Amazon, if even for the short term. And X will not be the one getting Bezos business (except)..
X will get all the trampolines and basketball goals, they will take it, and make you deliver it. After all that's what they are in the business of, delivering.
Bezos thinks that he's got it all figured out but the rural areas will get him in the end.
People sticking McMansions with 50 cent roads back in the most God forsaken places you can imagine, spending all of their money on the house while never factoring in the cost of building a road or getting utilities back into them or keeping them open in winter.
UPS and Fat Freddy are still holding all the cards by simply being a nationwide carrier. Yeah, they'll still haul Bezos junk for him but he's going to pay out the wazoo to get it done which could leave him having to go to the carrier of the last resort.....The United States Postal Service.

The party that might just in the end benefit from all this could be XG contractors in the rural areas if they are finally being paid rates that reflect the true cost of rural delivery service and are equipped with vehicles with off road capability.
This problem exists for all carriers. X absorbs the least of that cost of all carriers and passes it on to the contractor, Amazon will do the same. The real problem for X is when Amazon increasingly targets their dence areas, X margin will be hurt. If X gets hurt who is the first one to feel the pain.contractors.

Exec32

Going out on a limb here, but I bet Ground will be more than happy to let Amazon have all the rubes they can find who are willing to enter into contracts that are worse than anything Ground could ever dream up. Here's something you need to know... if $10,000 is all it takes, then they're selling garbage to people who can't afford anything better than garbage.
Did your terminal manager help you write this. You make absolutely no sense.
X contracts are garbage, the big problem is you think they are worth hundreds of thousands. ,lol

Exec32

The best thing s contractor can do is look into it. Contract with both. Try to coordinate your fleet. Amazon implied you can deliver for any of your customers. X tries to discourage it. Get out of branding, at least make them pay much more for it.
For 10000 initial investment, I'm sure you guys have extra manager to assist.
Build it, then sell it. Both, walk away, invest in real estate, day trade.
I'm sure it's not that easy, but hedge your bets, then you will really have leversge.

bacha29

So you think X, UPS, and USPS are gonna become buddies and turn down money, plot against Amazon, lol I lol lol One of those three will partner with Amazon, if even for the short term. And X will not be the one getting Bezos business (except)..
X will get all the trampolines and basketball goals, they will take it, and make you deliver it. After all that's what they are in the business of, delivering.

This problem exists for all carriers. X absorbs the least of that cost of all carriers and passes it on to the contractor, Amazon will do the same. The real problem for X is when Amazon increasingly targets their dence areas, X margin will be hurt. If X gets hurt who is the first one to feel the pain.contractors.
From what I've read and listened to Amazon Web Services is or is expected to be the real profit driver for AMZN in the coming years . Can't say for certain but it might end up being a major factor in carrying out Bezos plan. What he does in the end only time will tell but he does have capabilities and seemingly a lot of good cards to play and given the new contracts that are being offered for sale on the business broker sites including what would appear to be an increasing number of contractors trying to jettison marginally profitable routes in an effort to down size .....I don't think that you're alone in your reasoning.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I am talking about current UPS and FedEx shippers shifting their volume to Amazon delivery service for final delivery.

You're already there when they haven't even rolled out, let alone shown that they're capable of, efficiently delivering their own freight?

59 Dano

Stop being ridiculous. No one is going to take the scraps unless they can get good money for it and Amazon isn't going to use a carrier that charges good money to take those scraps.

Perhaps you should stop acting as if Amazon is this giant monolith that can dictate all things about everything in the world.

59 Dano

X contracts are garbage, the big problem is you think they are worth hundreds of thousands. ,lol

I think we've found a potential Amazon investor.

The best thing s contractor can do is look into it. Contract with both. Try to coordinate your fleet. Amazon implied you can deliver for any of your customers. X tries to discourage it. Get out of branding, at least make them pay much more for it.
For 10000 initial investment, I'm sure you guys have extra manager to assist.
Build it, then sell it. Both, walk away, invest in real estate, day trade.
I'm sure it's not that easy, but hedge your bets, then you will really have leversge.

Sounds like you've got plans.

59 Dano

From what I've read and listened to Amazon Web Services is or is expected to be the real profit driver for AMZN in the coming years . Can't say for certain but it might end up being a major factor in carrying out Bezos plan. What he does in the end only time will tell but he does have capabilities and seemingly a lot of good cards to play and given the new contracts that are being offered for sale on the business broker sites including what would appear to be an increasing number of contractors trying to jettison marginally profitable routes in an effort to down size .....I don't think that you're alone in your reasoning.

Anyone from the sovereign citizen movement contacted you? I think you'd be a good fit.

bacha29

What Dano doesn't understand about an XG contract is that there is no oversight, no regulatory or legal entity that can bind X to the terms of their own contract. The result of which is that in the absence of a higher power the contract itself isn't binding and if it isn't binding it isn't worth a damn thing.

The result of all pf this is that you simply don't what X is going to do from one damn day to the next yet here you are a contractor up to your eye balls in debt in an effort to keep up with X's demand for growth and expansion but the eventual fate of that borrowed money is in the hands of someone other than yourself.

With the entrance of a well capitalized new competitor into an already crowded market matters become even more uncertain.

Exec32

I think we've found a potential Amazon investor.

Sounds like you've got plans.
No Bro, just advise. I'm not at all interested in the delivery sector. However, if I was still stupid enough to be an X contractor I would definitely diversify my options and take Amazons offer also. Especially if you are in dense area. Not much start up cost, and you can eventually sell it, or best of all tell X to suck D#CK. And that's not duck.

59 Dano

What Dano doesn't understand about an XG contract is that there is no oversight, no regulatory or legal entity that can bind X to the terms of their own contract.

Did your long-winded bloviating distract you from all the times I pointed out that Ground contracts were ridiculously one sided?

59 Dano

No Bro, just advise. I'm not at all interested in the delivery sector. However, if I was still stupid enough to be an X contractor I would definitely diversify my options and take Amazons offer also. Especially if you are in dense area. Not much start up cost, and you can eventually sell it, or best of all tell X to suck D#CK. And that's not duck.

That's one of the "benefits" of owning Ground routes, too.

bacha29

Did your long-winded bloviating distract you from all the times I pointed out that Ground contracts were ridiculously one sided?
Can you show me exactly when and where you plainly and directly stated that FXG contracts are" ridiculously one sided"?

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Rumor has it that Walmart is poised to put a direct competition on the amazon corner of the the market. This coming from the local internet supervisor position newly created at my local Walmart. He happens to be my neighbor.

He says that Walmart has the infrastructure in place(a Walmart in any strategic location they need) coupled with established trucking lanes.

They will need to do very little to make any and almost every Walmart location a distribution center to deliver any local orders same day with their own fleet of delivery personnel.

Watch out amazon
Have you ever delivered to a Walmart? It's the most clusterf'd mess known to man out in the back by the docks. I've delivered to about 10 in our metro area, a few Sam's clubs and they are equally a mess. My knees are knocking on them doing anything. Get Real.

Exec32

You ignored the part about start up costs. Selling something and making a profit are completely different. X routes cost to much for the risk compared to Amazon start.up. One could sell the Amazon start up 1 year after beginning and make far more than trying to sell X routes 1,2,3 or even 4 years later because of your inflated unsupported prices. These guys paying hundreds of thousands for X crap will never see that money again. And you guys KNOW IT.

It will be fine

You ignored the part about start up costs. Selling something and making a profit are completely different. X routes cost to much for the risk compared to Amazon start.up. One could sell the Amazon start up 1 year after beginning and make far more than trying to sell X routes 1,2,3 or even 4 years later because of your inflated unsupported prices. These guys paying hundreds of thousands for X crap will never see that money again. And you guys KNOW IT.
Has anyone bought an Amazon contract yet? They’re giving them away, so I doubt it.

bacha29

Two inescapable facts surrounds an XG contractor. One. Your net operating margin will NOT be higher than XG's own operating margin. They'll see to that Two . You could think of yourself as "owning your own business" and you could try to BS your friends. peers and family into believing that you "own your own business" but when it comes to your relationship with XG one indisputable fact remains.........Your fate is in THEIR hands...... And as long as your fate is in their hands you never have and never will "own your own business".

Exec32