Amazon's new Rivian vans

MrBates

Looks nice..btw I saw like 4 separate Amazon vans on my route today and they all happened to be delivering to the same house I was delivering to. I don't know, it just seemed bizarre.

DriverNerd

Can you imagine showing a UPS driver a shiny new electric truck and them being that happy about it? I mean, it still means you have to work. How is this exciting for an employee?

rod

Retired 22 years
Can you imagine showing a UPS driver a shiny new electric truck and them being that happy about it? I mean, it still means you have to work. How is this exciting for an employee?
Apparently you have never had the thrill of going from a high step-no power steering POS 8 cube to a new low to the ground- power steering 7 cube.

oldupsman

Apparently you have never had the thrill of going from a high step-no power steering POS 8 cube to a new low to the ground- power steering 7 cube.

There are days I think about the junk we drove. I can't believe I did it. I mean just
flat out junk!

DriverNerd

I prefer the high step old manuals over the new automatics, but yeah I hated having to drive one without power steering. That was exhausting.

zeev

This van does not exist it is a concept nobody has ever driven one Rivian has been around more than 10 years by 2021 this will be forgotten.

JL 0513

Rivian will be out of business soon.
It may come to that. New auto startups never make it. Tesla is the one exception and Tesla came within an inch of bankruptcy during the Model 3 ramp up. Large scale volume production is nearly impossible for a startup today.

They got to this point because of Amazons investment. Their survival depends on how far Amazon wants invest.

Reviewers are calling the R1S a perfect vehicle, the best SUV ever built so it's a shame if they fail.