American Patriot.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Except unfortunately they now put Social Security taxes in the general fund and pay out more than what they take in. Which they borrow to pay the difference, increasing the deficit and the national debt. Our government at work.
Contrary to every fact based thing I've read.

vantexan

But that doesn't address that by 2032 or '33, possibly sooner, SS will have exhausted it's trust fund and benefits will be limited to what is taken in payroll taxes, reducing benefits by as much as 25%. I'm 100% for SS, but it's problems need to be solved soon.
And yes I did read it. When was this written? Most projections I've read put it sooner than 2034 and a greater reduction than 21%. Unless all the economic activity lately is improving it. And a national minimum wage of $15hr would also generate a lot more money for the plan. Also what will happen in 2090? If just payroll taxes will sustain a reduced benefit until 2090 then what will happen that year that will cause the program to fail?

floridays

That's not an argument. State your case.
I will, stay tuned.

If you will note, I simply made a statement and offered no argument.
Any argument I make will not be received any way, I understand this going in.
You clowns seem to disregard fact, I've dealt with this type for years. Any response I give will be met by attack, or no intellectual response.

I understand the shallow, ideological clowns I deal with in this forum.

Make the last statement mean whatever you want it to mean. :thumbup1: