American Patriot.

vantexan

google is a monopoly

they have 80% of the search engine market globally

i dont consider corporations to be loyal to nations, they are basically traitors.

markets arent that efficient, my conclusion recently is that under the current system (not a pure market, and whos to say what would happen anyways) mediocre or bad products and people are most often chosen.

google and youtube already censor, not on the same level to what theyre doing in china, but they have started.
No Ricky, let them try that here and they will be eaten alive. No one is forced to use Google here, they succeed because they offer a better product. But take away what makes them best and people will quickly seek alternatives.

rickyb

rickyb

Please what? Are you forced to use Google? If people find out they aren't seeing all the results because Google is conspiring with the government to censor do you honestly think they won't turn to alternatives?
dude there are tons of corporations that are too big. the banks, pharma, media, amazon, internet, etc.

get your head out of the sand.

vantexan

dude there are tons of corporations that are too big. the banks, pharma, media, amazon, internet, etc.

get your head out of the sand.
What does that have to do with whether consumers would use Google if Google censored in the U.S. like apparently they will be doing soon in China? By the way, most Google employees are very liberal.

rickyb

rickyb

as a young man i dont get whyd you want these things. and its google and amazon, to which i say a big :censored2: you to both:

Ultimately, the choice to keep a smart speaker around comes down to what you’re getting out of the product. For some people with physical disabilities or intellectual differences, smart speakers can make household tasks easier or provide an engaging presence in daily life. For tech junkies like my friend, the sheer joy of commanding a smart home network might be enough. For Hoffman-Andrews, though, the benefits of a speaker don’t outweigh the costs. He bought a couple of products for testing, but he admits he couldn’t actually bring himself to set them up. Being able to ask a speaker to dim the lights or play a weather forecast just didn’t seem like a good enough tradeoff for giving companies access to his home.

“Is it normal to have cameras and microphones pointed at you and your guests? Currently the answer is mostly no,” he says. “These devices aim to change the answer to yes.”

You bought smart speakers over the holidays. Now what are Amazon and Google doing with your data?

rickyb

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about Snowden. I'm usually never on the fence about things but I can't really say I think what he did was wrong or right.
they want you to feel like hes a traitor, evil, etc.

he went against the deep state which is in bed with big media.

but he is jesus. like MLK.

rickyb

because the internet companies are POS data grabbers, tor browser highly recommends that i dont make use of all my screen size to preserve anonymity. this is inefficient.

rickyb

unfortunately my dad who is too stubborn to stop watching mainstream news, believes in online self censorship.

i do it a bit when it comes to politicians but really all people are supposed to be equal, and i dont do it because i want to but because i feel i have to.

rickyb

alot of websites are blocking me from using tor browser. there should be govt regulation for privacy on the net, which would be ironic considering the govt is spying on us worse than any country in history.

rickyb

our era of govt and capitalism increasingly looks like something out of 1984. the internet is already a disaster:

Richard D. Wolff‏Verified account @profwolff 4h4 hours ago

Cameras on backs of seats let airline companies spy on passengers. Profit possibilities spur another gross capitalist intrusion on privacy. American, United & Singapore Airlines admit such cameras already installed (w/out, of course, telling passengers).

23 replies 216 retweets 275 likes

rickyb

i told my bro i ordered a bunch of v for vendetta stuff and similar and he is already concerned about self censorship and govt watching us. my bro aint no chicken:censored2: either.

my dad also talks about self censorship on the internet.

the so called terrorists that we are fighting have won. our govts are :censored2:ing us. so are the corporations.

rickyb

ive done well this year with tor browser which helps anonymize you on the net.

im going to find a new email service now.