Americans finally seeing the light?

unionman

Your markets dropped 48 percent. Your economic indicators do not indicate the economy is improving in fact they indicate the economy may be getting worse. Its likely you have a fibernachi bounce right now moving your nasdaq. The bounce will not be sustained if your economic indicators do not improve.

Looking at it another way with all the stimulus money and cash for clunkers money out there you basically threw lighter fluid on wet charcoal. What you see right now is the lighter fluid burning. If the charcoal does not dry out and catch then your fire will burn itself out once the lighter fluid is all used up.

Obama took three trillon dollars and basically gambled that he could get that charcoal to eventually ignite. I hope he is right because if he is wrong the next collapse will make the last one look like a cakewalk.
You can't see whats right in front of your face because you want Obama to fail just like Rush Limbaugh. Too bad for you this economy is going to take off.
Cash for clunkers is working. The assembly lines are starting back up and people are going back to work.
How could it get any worse than a world collapse like Bush almost did?

brett636

You can't see whats right in front of your face because you want Obama to fail just like Rush Limbaugh. Too bad for you this economy is going to take off.
Cash for clunkers is working. The assembly lines are starting back up and people are going back to work.

My guess is you know so little about economics that you could not explain how Bush did anything to bring on this current economic recession.

Cash for clunkers is causing an artificial stimulus in the auto market. Its pushing people into new cars today that they may have purchased a few months from now. When the program runs out of money and or expires the auto market will go back to what it was before the program, and could even hit a new low as future buyers of cars have already made their purchases. Also, you are completely ignoring the fact that this program is pulling good used cars off the market which in effect will push used car prices upward making it difficult for those who can't afford new to buy a good used car. So much for the democrats looking out for the littleman as it appears they support corporate welfare programs just as much as the republicans.

Last edited:

unionman

My guess is you know so little about economics that you could not explain how Bush did anything to bring on this current economic recession.

Cash for clunkers is causing an artificial stimulus in the auto market. Its pushing people into new cars today that they may have purchased a few months from now. When the program runs out of money and or expires the auto market will go back to what it was before the program, and could even hit a new low as future buyers of cars have already made their purchases. Also, you are completely ignoring the fact that this program is pulling good used cars off the market which in effect will push used car prices upward making it difficult for those who can't afford new to buy a good used car.
Don't believe everything Fox news tells you. So your saying that putting people back to work now is a bad thing because they would have been put back to work in the future when people started buying cars. Thats just retarded

brett636

Don't believe everything Fox news tells you. So your saying that putting people back to work now is a bad thing because they would have been put back to work in the future when people started buying cars. Thats just retarded

Lol, thats exactly what I am saying. The laws of supply and demand cannot be broken. Supply of new cars are increasing because the demand has been artificially stimulated. When the artificial demand subsides the supply will have to be cut in order to match it. If the market were allowed to naturally recover the time between increasing and decreasing supply would be much longer (read years) thus allowing those workers more job and pay security. This is very basic economics of which you have proven you have absolutely no understanding of.

unionman

Lol, thats exactly what I am saying. The laws of supply and demand cannot be broken. Supply of new cars are increasing because the demand has been artificially stimulated. When the artificial demand subsides the supply will have to be cut in order to match it. If the market were allowed to naturally recover the time between increasing and decreasing supply would be much longer (read years) thus allowing those workers more job and pay security. This is very basic economics of which you have proven you have absolutely no understanding of.
Yeah, your right, putting people to work in Detroit which has 17% unemployment doesn't make sense...... ??????????

brett636

Yeah, your right, putting people to work in Detroit which has 17% unemployment doesn't make sense...... ??????????

A lot of cars are no longer built in Detroit specifically, and what does it matter if they are back to work today when they will be back out of work a few months from now? Possibly back out of worker longer than they would have been in the first place. BTW, a lot of Detroit's issues have more to do with their liberal government policies than the automakers. Detroit is the model city for what this entire country will become if our current government gets its way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What I dont get is .....why is cash for clunkers a good idea? What about the poor people who some say they care so much about? Do you think everyone can afford to go buy a new car? No, Ive been there I bought clunkers, and I bought parts to fix the clunkers, to get on my feet. What about the poor people who have no jobs and no money, yet need to get to the doctor? (hint hint, the truly needy already are covered with health insurance, its called medicaid and medicare) There will be no clunkers to buy or parts to fix them when they take a crap. So tell them to take a bus? What if they live in a rural area? Oh I get it, we should just all move to the cities and live close to everything. UH, it takes money to move, and a clunker to get there.
How is this a good idea for the environment? All that freon, in those cars, those clunkers? I saw a dealership today with all the clunkers outside, and they looked like middle class vehicles to me. And now the cost of a used car which could be considered a clunker, is 10% higher. Its only not a clunker for whatever reason, but still on the list for sale.
Why not just give everyone their money back, quit trying to hurt the country.
The people you see around the country drive the clunkers to the grocery store on the 1st, to the doc, to the drug store. The ones who scam the so well run welfare system, are the ones who run to the store on the 1st in the caddys, and new cars. Not the true poor.
Oh wait I get it, kill the true poor, by judging their worthfulness. Keep the masses of voters, by letting them scam the system, and vote on important issues, like higher taxes, more welfare, and keep those votes a coming in, generation after the next. Coz they are young and some will work to keep the tax cesspool alive. The others are valuable and will vote for crap they know nothing about, and may have never worked a day in their life.
Lets hobble the old people who worked all their lives. And now are considered, not valuable. Driving their clunkers around, trying to keep their lights on and fuel bills paid, coz they dont know how to ask for help. They are the ones cutting their prescriptions in half, because they dont know how to get help. Because they have always been independent of the government. They dont know about heap, or pharma.org.
Yeah lets kill them.
Excuse me I must go to a tea party to stop this madness.
Have a great weekend.

unionman

A lot of cars are no longer built in Detroit specifically, and what does it matter if they are back to work today when they will be back out of work a few months from now? Possibly back out of worker longer than they would have been in the first place. BTW, a lot of Detroit's issues have more to do with their liberal government policies than the automakers. Detroit is the model city for what this entire country will become if our current government gets its way.
You don't know what your talking about. Detroit isn't called the motorcity because it builds airplanes.
Its called momentum, thats what this program will do besides putting people back to work. Do you have any idea how many people are effected by the auto industry and Im not just talking about american cars.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Detroit was called the motorcity back in its haydays.
Now its called a war zone.
If you wish to enjoy it then go there on your next vacation.

Cash for clunkers resulted in changing the natural flow of replacing cars, normally 200,000 are turned in every 3 months. These cars are then placed on to the used car market, or to the scrap yards for serviceable parts.
Under this program all the clunkers were totally made useless. Thus while new cars were sold, those that depend on the used car market were made to suffer a financial loss. So a net effect was that more steady jobs were loss.

unionman

Detroit was called the motorcity back in its haydays.
Now its called a war zone.
If you wish to enjoy it then go there on your next vacation.

Cash for clunkers resulted in changing the natural flow of replacing cars, normally 200,000 are turned in every 3 months. These cars are then placed on to the used car market, or to the scrap yards for serviceable parts.
Under this program all the clunkers were totally made useless. Thus while new cars were sold, those that depend on the used car market were made to suffer a financial loss. So a net effect was that more steady jobs were loss.
You don't live there. It still depends on the car industry.

tieguy

Banned
You can't see whats right in front of your face because you want Obama to fail just like Rush Limbaugh.

I'm sorry was that you talking or was that Keith Oberman?
Please note when a libcon is getting his but whipped he will resort to a rush limbaugh line while curling up in a fetal position.

Too bad for you this economy is going to take off.

I don't think you get it? I want the economy to take off. Bad economy bad for me. Should I draw you something in crayon so you understand?

The ones disposing of the clunkers? I gave you a dip in july sales you gave me what?

I think we're into August. Let me know when you think we can stop blaming Bush and start blaming Obama. Just think if we go another month of blaming Bush for the economy then we also get to go back and blame clinton for 9/11. Let me know which way you're going to twist this.

tieguy

Banned

Here's the problem. No one is going back to work. The links I gave you showed unemployment climbing towards the 10 percent mark. Those numbers do not measure those that have dropped out of the job market.

Maybe you meant to say you're guy is fixin to put people back to work. But in reality all he has created is government jobs. That ain't all bad if you find licking envelopes for six bucks an hour an exciting career path.:sad-very:

tieguy

Banned
You don't know what your talking about. Detroit isn't called the motorcity because it builds airplanes.
Its called momentum, thats what this program will do besides putting people back to work. Do you have any idea how many people are effected by the auto industry and Im not just talking about american cars.

Do you? Do you have anything to back up your rosy forecast besides a lot of hot air?

island1fox

:dissapointed:American's are starting to realize that all things ---from the economy to our jobs ---to our relationships ----whatever ---are all tied to PERSONAL RESPONSABILITY !!!!!
When I purchased my first home ---a down payment was required --and I WOULD NEVER HAVE CONSIDERED LYING ON MY LOAN APPLICATION !!!
People want to blame anyone or everyone before they look in the mirror to see the dope looking back at them who has caused this entire mess !!!!
Yes I KNOW --Bush did it
--Wall street did it
--My real estate agent did it
--My Bank did it
--AIG did it
--Who else can I blame did it !!!!!
ME ME ME ME ME -----I AM NEVER TO BLAME FOR ANYTHING -----Just pay off my mortgage, pay off my car, pay for my food, pay for my children,pay for my education and now pay for my healthcare ----Because anything from the Government is "FREE"
:dead:I am truly sorry !!! I am making too much sense ---I must have lost my mind ------ Wait ---I THINK IT WAS kLIEN THAT LOST MY MIND ---I CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSABILITY !!!!

island1fox

Tieguy!!!!!:greedy:
Don't mind me ---I am the guy that lost my mind because of KLEIN. In your post --it seems because Sept 11 th --happened the eight month of the Bush Presidency --that he was responsible. Well mindless me seems to remember --THE FIRST BOMBING OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER---THE MARINE BARRACKS BOMBING--THE EMBASSY BOMBING --Somalia --BLACKHAWKE DOWN --THE COLE BOMBING ---Clinton too busy not admitting to sex --whatever is -- is --I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN ---He was so busy did not respond Osama ---who saw America as weak ---- AND YOU THINK Big Bill shares no RESPONSABILITY ????
That sounds exactly like the people who say that welfare and social programs did not lead us to where we are today . Pushing for minority home ownership --the GOVERNMENT --CLINTON --FANNIE AND FREDDIE --BARNEY FRANK --CHUCK SCHUMER --CHRIS --SWEETHEART MORTGAGE DEAL DODD---Obama over and over claims he INHERITED THIS FROM BUSH
Every time I hear him say that --I run to a Mirror --to see if I LOOK AS STUPID AS HE THINKS WE ARE !!!!!!
As Barack would say "WE HAVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED" !!!!:sick:

klein

Für Meno :)
:happy-very:UpstateNYUPSer,
I proudly will accept the nomination ------and will-----PROUDLY SERVE !!!!!!

I proudly accept the fact for driving islandfox crazy and insane ! :knockedout:

But seriously, I have never taken goverment for granted.
I'm single, paying taxes for school, for the extra garbage familes have, for family parks, for kindergartens and daycare. Too much to mention how much more a single person has to pay, then a family (with no tax deductions, no child credit, nothing). We don't get incometax returns. Us singles, pay most of the time extra , comes tax time.
Do, I complain, - NO !
Everyone should have a half decent life, and I don't want to see anyone struggle more thru it, then they need to. Including children (that people couldn't afford in the first place to have).
Just to look out for yourself and only yourself, is selfish.
Yes, some abuse the system, but one day they'll pay, too.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I proudly accept the fact for driving islandfox crazy and insane ! :knockedout:

But seriously, I have never taken goverment for granted.
I'm single, paying taxes for school, for the extra garbage familes have, for family parks, for kindergartens and daycare. Too much to mention how much more a single person has to pay, then a family (with no tax deductions, no child credit, nothing). We don't get incometax returns. Us singles, pay most of the time extra , comes tax time.
Do, I complain, - NO !
Everyone should have a half decent life, and I don't want to see anyone struggle more thru it, then they need to. Including children (that people couldn't afford in the first place to have).
Just to look out for yourself and only yourself, is selfish.
Yes, some abuse the system, but one day they'll pay, too.

I think you're outlook is absolutely wonderful. You're a true citizen of the the new world. With that said I'll be moving into your house by the end of the month. Make sure my bedroom has a king sized bed and at least a 52 inch 1080 dp flat screen TV. I'm kind of leaning to wards a dell laptop computer. Make sure the fridge is fully loaded with T-bone steaks and corona lights.
And again thank you for your generosity.

klein

Für Meno :)
I think you're outlook is absolutely wonderful. You're a true citizen of the the new world. With that said I'll be moving into your house by the end of the month. Make sure my bedroom has a king sized bed and at least a 52 inch 1080 dp flat screen TV. I'm kind of leaning to wards a dell laptop computer. Make sure the fridge is fully loaded with T-bone steaks and corona lights.
And again thank you for your generosity.

Why do you donate to the UW then ?