An Attack on Free Speech

brett636

The only thing Michael Savage is guilty of is speaking the truth and being a true American. I enjoy listenig to him when I can, and while he can seem a bit out there somtimes, 99% of the time the guy is right on the money. I hope he wins his case and exposes CAIR for the vehicle of international terrorism that they are.

Overpaid Union Thug

The only thing Michael Savage is guilty of is speaking the truth and being a true American. I enjoy listenig to him when I can, and while he can seem a bit out there somtimes, 99% of the time the guy is right on the money. I hope he wins his case and exposes CAIR for the vehicle of international terrorism that they are.

I'm a huge Savage fan. One of the commercials for his show here says that he yells so we don't have to. I put CAIR in the same category as the ACLU. They are a bunch of frauds that do harm to this country and should be stopped.

wkmac

I'm not a Mike Savage fan but I'm pulling for him to win this one! I'll also make sure I boycott OfficeMax as boycotts can work in reverse too! There is IMO a growing threat on free speech in this country and I'm of the belief that unless it violates the life, liberty or property of another, speech and thought should be left as free as the individual who speaks and thinks it.

Go Mike Go!

diesel96

I believe in free speech also, however IMO I don't like promoting the further polarization of our country. If he really wants to spread truth, hate or controversy on the public airwaves there's always the uncencored route of satellite airways. In that format anti-Savage people can't attack his sponsors or his context. Otherwise there are ways to express and defend your agenda without being vulgar. The same terms are defined here in the Brown Cafe.

Overpaid Union Thug

I believe in free speech also, however IMO I don't like promoting the further polarization of our country. If he really wants to spread truth, hate or controversy on the public airwaves there's always the uncencored route of satellite airways. In that format anti-Savage people can't attack his sponsors or his context. Otherwise there are ways to express and defend your agenda without being vulgar. The same terms are defined here in the Brown Cafe.

That is the problem with talk radio today. One shouldn't have to run to the safety of satellite radio after he/she says something that a few in the minority, or even majority for that matter, doesn't like. As long as language is clean and the rest of the content is within FCC guidelines there shouldn't be a problem. Offended listeners can simply change the station if they don't like what they are hearing. Going after Savage's sponsors is a low blow. I hope CAIR gets what they deserve. I think Savage on satellite radio would be interesting though. I can only imagine the things he'd say there.

brett636

I've heard him mention satellite radio and how he probably wouldn't switch over. The listnership on satellite radio is much smaller than that on regular radio, and he would rather have the larger audience. I think he has something around 8 million listeners every night, and I doubt he would have that many on satellite if he were to switch. I don't see his show as polarizing at all as his messages are just the truth. Islamo facists are hell bent on imposing their sharia law on the entire planet and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen. While people like diesel won't admit this, Michael Savage is and that is why he is being attacked.

diesel96

I've heard him mention satellite radio and how he probably wouldn't switch over. The listnership on satellite radio is much smaller than that on regular radio, and he would rather have the larger audience. I think he has something around 8 million listeners every night, and I doubt he would have that many on satellite if he were to switch. I don't see his show as polarizing at all as his messages are just the truth. Islamo facists are hell bent on imposing their sharia law on the entire planet and they are willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen. While people like diesel won't admit this, Michael Savage is and that is why he is being attacked.

Spoken like a true Savage-cronie taken a cheap shot at me which doesn't represent my beliefs at all. Your preaching falls on deaf ears that Savage doesn't polarize an already divided country and his messages"of hate" are just truths. But like I already mention before, I believe in free speech, and just because I question the man's method of delivering his message, you equate that to questioning my patriotism or insinuate I'm an Islamo facists sympathieser. Umm...I wonder, who influences your irrational thinking? Mr. Savage, Mr.Lindbaugh? Try thinking on your own sometime, but not at my expence.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Please everyone be civil.
I started this thread for I am very concerned about this issue.
If a very small group can silence one critic , who next ?
Quite frankly we all are.
First they are going after talk radio.
Then all non-muslim religions will be next.
CAIR have stated that America will soon be all Muslim.
CAIR must be stopped now.

On of the points of this lawsuit is to identify just who funds CAIR.

diesel96 ... of course this country is divided, because we have no united leadership . IMHO
Suggesting that satellite radio is a safe format alternative is weird.
Have you ever listened to the Savage Nation ? I am wondering to what "messages of hate " you are talking about ? Are not most or all the current conflicts around the world being done by / or for muslims; the religion of peace ?

brett636

Spoken like a true Savage-cronie taken a cheap shot at me which doesn't represent my beliefs at all. Your preaching falls on deaf ears that Savage doesn't polarize an already divided country and his messages"of hate" are just truths. But like I already mention before, I believe in free speech, and just because I question the man's method of delivering his message, you equate that to questioning my patriotism or insinuate I'm an Islamo facists sympathieser. Umm...I wonder, who influences your irrational thinking? Mr. Savage, Mr.Lindbaugh? Try thinking on your own sometime, but not at my expence.

I'm astonished that someone who spews more liberal rhetoric than anyone I have run across thinks I am the one who is not free thinking.

Either way satellite radio is really a bastion of saftey for radio hosts such as Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony. Hosts who are, in their very nature, vile, crude, and downright disrepectful of others. Michael Savage does not have the FCC breathing down his neck, and his show is anything but hate speech. Perhaps, for humors sake, you should call into his show and tell him his speech is hate speech and he deserves the kind of attention he is getting from CAIR. I'm sure you will get a kind response from Dr. Savage. :laughing:

diesel96

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_Savage

https://web.archive.org/web/20120429215257/http://www.tampabaycoalition.com/no2hate.html

https://web.archive.org/web/2007042...com/2003/6-27/view/actionalert/savagesues.cfm

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2007/02/michael-savage-friend-bomb-fcc-indecency.html

http://www.salon.com/2004/05/20/savage_15/

Savage has a history of hateful controversy and frivilous law suits way before his issues with CAIR. Michael Savage, had a talk show called "Savage Nation" on MSNBC, regularly bashed homosexuals, called women "whores;" Asians "little soy-eaters;" progressives "filthy slime;" and immigrants or people of color natives of "sacred Turd World nations."
So it doesn't seem like Savage would be one to complain about a lack of freedom of speech.
But suppression of Savage's freedom of speech was one of the allegations made in a lawsuit filed against four individuals and one company that run three separate Web sites. Ironically, Savage claims the sites criticized or parodied him and supported boycotts of sponsors of his programs that had been called for by another organization not named in the suit. Was he not "attacking the the free speech" of those 4 individuals and 3 web sites?
Savage claiming he was the victim of efforts to suppress his free speech, ironically the defendants themselves see the suit as a chilling attack on their free speech.
Not only did Savage's people chill free speech and freedom of expression, They had tried to ruin their life to punish them for speaking out.
Good thing we have the FCC to be our watchdog on what his speech/visual is going too far. If only the rest of the world were as responsible as we are and had checks and balances in place like we do.

brett636

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_Savage

https://web.archive.org/web/20120429215257/http://www.tampabaycoalition.com/no2hate.html

https://web.archive.org/web/2007042...com/2003/6-27/view/actionalert/savagesues.cfm

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2007/02/michael-savage-friend-bomb-fcc-indecency.html

http://www.salon.com/2004/05/20/savage_15/

Savage has a history of hateful controversy and frivilous law suits way before his issues with CAIR. Michael Savage, had a talk show called "Savage Nation" on MSNBC, regularly bashed homosexuals, called women "whores;" Asians "little soy-eaters;" progressives "filthy slime;" and immigrants or people of color natives of "sacred Turd World nations."
So it doesn't seem like Savage would be one to complain about a lack of freedom of speech.
But suppression of Savage's freedom of speech was one of the allegations made in a lawsuit filed against four individuals and one company that run three separate Web sites. Ironically, Savage claims the sites criticized or parodied him and supported boycotts of sponsors of his programs that had been called for by another organization not named in the suit. Was he not "attacking the the free speech" of those 4 individuals and 3 web sites?
Savage claiming he was the victim of efforts to suppress his free speech, ironically the defendants themselves see the suit as a chilling attack on their free speech.
Not only did Savage's people chill free speech and freedom of expression, They had tried to ruin their life to punish them for speaking out.
Good thing we have the FCC to be our watchdog on what his speech/visual is going too far. If only the rest of the world were as responsible as we are and had checks and balances in place like we do.

Again, maybe you should listen to him before you classify his radio show as hate speech. I have spent many hours listening to him and I have not heard any such "hate speech" coming from him. I have listened to his shows that CAIR is highlighting and everything he said had some sort of factual basis to back it up. CAIR should spend more time defending their religion rather than trying to shutup its critics.

diesel96

I feel like I'm speaking at a deaf,dumb, blind convention. Not one of you Savage nation worshippers acknowledge he's had a troubled and controversial past.When Savage spews visciuos rheteric at various groups he should expect some feedback in the same manner or in this "lawsuit happy country" legal action. Now I haven't listened to him for awhile and unless he's "seen the light" and changed his demeanor I will continue not listen to such an angry man.

Now I don't give a crap about CAIR nor do I get caught up with this typical conservative fear mongering and paranoia that they are attacking my free speech, and are spreading the take over of other religous groups, and are planning and funding terrorist activities on Gw's and Chaney's watch. Is this mongering the reason why my E-mails and phone calls are being monitored.

Now Brett has already convicted CAIR
Brett "I hope he wins his case and exposes CAIR for the vehicle of international terrorism that they are." said:
It's amazing how Brett has convicted them but Homeland Security and the FBI and our justice system has failed.

BigArrow says["I put CAIR in the same category as the ACLU. They are a bunch of frauds that do harm to this country and should be stopped.]
Are you not being hypercritical when your professing other groups who don't share yours or Savage's views to be stopped or shut down.

Baba G quote= [Are not most or all the current conflicts around the world being done by / or for muslims; the religion of peace ?]
The question at hand on this thread has to do with domestic muslums of this country. If you don't differentiate radical muslum extremists and Islamo fascist between peace loving muslums and Islamic followers there would never be peace thru ignorance. It is fustrating though worldwide, why the majority of peace loving muslums don't speak out more or condemed the radicals more intently. Fear tactics are very effective with the radicals and extremists.

FYI....This country will never succomb to Islamic muslum religous dominance, so could you'all just chill? Just because their attacking your boy Savage legally why blow smoke up America's ass and bang on the war drums of fear. As the natives say "smokem pipepipe".

Overpaid Union Thug

I feel like I'm speaking at a deaf,dumb, blind convention. Not one of you Savage nation worshippers acknowledge he's had a troubled and controversial past.When Savage spews visciuos rheteric at various groups he should expect some feedback in the same manner or in this "lawsuit happy country" legal action. Now I haven't listened to him for awhile and unless he's "seen the light" and changed his demeanor I will continue not listen to such an angry man.

Now I don't give a crap about CAIR nor do I get caught up with this typical conservative fear mongering and paranoia that they are attacking my free speech, and are spreading the take over of other religous groups, and are planning and funding terrorist activities on Gw's and Chaney's watch. Is this mongering the reason why my E-mails and phone calls are being monitored.

Now Brett has already convicted CAIR
Brett "I hope he wins his case and exposes CAIR for the vehicle of international terrorism that they are." said:
It's amazing how Brett has convicted them but Homeland Security and the FBI and our justice system has failed.

BigArrow says["I put CAIR in the same category as the ACLU. They are a bunch of frauds that do harm to this country and should be stopped.]
Are you not being hypercritical when your professing other groups who don't share yours or Savage's views to be stopped or shut down.

Baba G quote= [Are not most or all the current conflicts around the world being done by / or for muslims; the religion of peace ?]
The question at hand on this thread has to do with domestic muslums of this country. If you don't differentiate radical muslum extremists and Islamo fascist between peace loving muslums and Islamic followers there would never be peace thru ignorance. It is fustrating though worldwide, why the majority of peace loving muslums don't speak out more or condemed the radicals more intently. Fear tactics are very effective with the radicals and extremists.

FYI....This country will never succomb to Islamic muslum religous dominance, so could you'all just chill? Just because their attacking your boy Savage legally why blow smoke up America's ass and bang on the war drums of fear. As the natives say "smokem pipepipe".

Well of course he's had problems with lawsuits and accusatons of spewing hate speech. His show is geared towards Republican/Conservative values and therefore anything he says is called hate speech by Liberals simply because they don't agree with it whether it is really hate speech or not. The fact that he's still on the air speaks volumes about the nature of the law suits he's endured. The were all Liberal nonsense.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here's an article written by a muslim, who personally knows some of the accused . He makes some very strong pointshttp://www.meforum.org/article/1809

brett636

Now Brett has already convicted CAIR It's amazing how Brett has convicted them but Homeland Security and the FBI and our justice system has failed.

Gee, those transcripts don't read like hate speech to me.

athena

Gee, those transcripts don't read like hate speech to me.

Yeah, because he is really going to put on his website the hateful words he has spoken about the Muslims when advertisers are backing out. Not just Office Max but also Wal-Mart, Auto Zone, JC Penney, AT&T, Sears. I can't believe so many people think that advertisers would back out without a good reason. Do you honestly think the advertisers didn't go in and listen to the talk show?

Additionally, he talks about how only 500,000 of the Muslims are radical out of the 1 billion Muslims. Now, how did he go from that to yelling about how Muslims were throwbacks and should be deported, how it is insane for our country to let them in by the tens of thousands, how they should all be converted to Christianity so that they can be turned into human beings.

FYI, here is a little definition of hate speech.
Hate speech is a term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a person or group of people based on theirrace, gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, language ability, moral or political views, socioeconomicclass, occupation or appearance (such as height, weight, and hair color), mental capacity and any other distinction-liability. The term covers written as well as oral communication and some forms of behaviors in a public setting.

I believe Mr. Savage (an appropriate stage name) has pretty much hit each of those categories. As Diesel mentioned about his earlier trouble with other groups some of which have also voiced their opposition to his prejudice statements.

athena

I would like to hear Mr. Savage's tirade on the truths about the Christians. Let's take a few examples fromt he Bible.

1. Wives submit to your husbands.(kind of sucks for women).

2. "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean. (Leviticus 12:2)"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days. (Leviticus 12:5)

3."Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. (I Corinthians 14:34-35) (Another wonderful scriptures for the ladies)

4."If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.(Luke 14:26)

Taken out of context or with plenty of room for interpretation these verses do not cast such a lovely glow over Christianity. It is not so hard to be as big a jerk as Savage. If you don't mind putting aside any kindness that you might possess in your soul.