Another Beautiful day in livermore

wrecker

When UPS designed the P-800, (or its indentical twin brother P-1000) they made a list of every single feature that might possibly help the driver do his job with less pain and stress....and then deleted all of them.

Power steering? No.

Low step? No.

Adequate leg room? No.

Adjustable high-backed seat with lumbar support? No.

You couldnt possibly make those pieces of dog crap any worse if you tried. The seats are basically an upholstered board padded with an inch of dryer lint. The suspension handles like a box of bricks, and an aircraft carrier has a smaller turning radius. They are underpowered to the point of being dangerous to merge onto a freeway with, and with the 4 spd transmission you are stuck between gears if you start out on a steep hill, it cant pull the hill in third so you crawl up the road at 14 MPH in second with the motor screaming at redline.

I firmly believe they were intentionally designed to force older drivers into early retirement. I know 3 ex-UPSer's who have chronic bursitis and arthritis in their elbows and shoulders from years of fighting the manual steering.

Did I mention that they dont have 3 point seatbelts?:biting:

And the wicked narrow doors....

Yet I still prefer a p8 to a p7.

Like a tank in the snow.

RemoteTruck

Hey Remote Truck,

Welcome to the Brown Cafe!

Hopefully you don't get blown over by all the windmill talk...:funny:

You said the picture of the P-800 is your old truck, what are you driving now or are you still driving??

my new truck is a cng 600 not sure of the maker the mechanics say they are made by international and workhorse and freight liner..kinda a mut truck but i love it oh and its an auto.yes i am still driving been driving for 9 years have a great rte do about 140miles a day 1 of the 2 remote trucks in livermore.
1216081106.jpg

helenofcalifornia

Sober, you didn't mention the higher placed shelves. Nothing quite like grasping for a package that you can't see, that you know must be on that shelf somewhere. Or how about that occasional 50-60 pounder that the young stud preloader put on the top shelf because it felt like 35 to him. You try to get it into position, you step on your dolly when it is laying down so you get some added height, attempt to put it on the lip somehow, and then hopefully attempt to "maneuver" it down. (More like let it fall on the ground so it doesn't fall on you!)

Yeah, Sober, you forgot all about those higher shelves in the old trucks. I remember because an 80 pounder fell on me and the back of my neck while trying to dodge it which resulted in surgery about a year later. You could see a series of bruises all the way from my hand to my neck when it was tumbling down from the shelf. Ah, the good old days. :peaceful: