Another FedEx-related news that won't get national coverage

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​One of the few major industries America has left.

The point was that they are very small in comparison with Corporate America. For every uber-liberal you hate like Ten Danson, Sean Penn etc., there are thousands of Right Wing CEOs and upper management doing their level best to make us below middle-class wage slaves.

vantexan

The point was that they are very small in comparison with Corporate America. For every uber-liberal you hate like Ten Danson, Sean Penn etc., there are thousands of Right Wing CEOs and upper management doing their level best to make us below middle-class wage slaves.

With you it's always hatred. I don't hate those guys, very much enjoy their work. But I disagree with misinformed people no matter how well intentioned. Not all CEO's are evil and contrary to your opinion most companies don't have the money to pay every employee great. If you believe they do you are living in a fantasy. Granted there's plenty of greed out there and some do fit your stereotype. But America works because of Capitalism inspite of it's flaws. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but the harsh reality is the world has changed, and while FedEx may not be able to outsource their labor many of their customers are competing against serious foreign rivals and they just simply don't have the money to pay for expensive shipping. We can go into all the reasons the market is in such a sorry state but it is what it is and all the screaming in the world won't change it. With all the talk about China keep in mind that there are still more than a half billion Chinese living in poverty, many of whom would love to have one of those exploitive jobs. Yes we've been screwed over, but think about all you do have in comparison to billions worldwide and get some perspective. America's heyday was the result of mass destruction everywhere else. The world has caught up, we're declining, and there's no going back. By the way, before you give me the knee jerk response, FOX News constantly talks about how everything will be better once we get the liberal agenda vanquished. They don't say what I just did. With the exception of Bill O'Reilly they're all touting a system that would be like Fred S run amuck. They are no better than the race gaiters and social engineers on the left who'd muck everything up given the chance. Bottom line, this country has shot itself and only time will tell if it's a mortal wound.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
With you it's always hatred. I don't hate those guys, very much enjoy their work. But I disagree with misinformed people no matter how well intentioned. Not all CEO's are evil and contrary to your opinion most companies don't have the money to pay every employee great. If you believe they do you are living in a fantasy. Granted there's plenty of greed out there and some do fit your stereotype. But America works because of Capitalism inspite of it's flaws. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow but the harsh reality is the world has changed, and while FedEx may not be able to outsource their labor many of their customers are competing against serious foreign rivals and they just simply don't have the money to pay for expensive shipping. We can go into all the reasons the market is in such a sorry state but it is what it is and all the screaming in the world won't change it. With all the talk about China keep in mind that there are still more than a half billion Chinese living in poverty, many of whom would love to have one of those exploitive jobs. Yes we've been screwed over, but think about all you do have in comparison to billions worldwide and get some perspective. America's heyday was the result of mass destruction everywhere else. The world has caught up, we're declining, and there's no going back. By the way, before you give me the knee jerk response, FOX News constantly talks about how everything will be better once we get the liberal agenda vanquished. They don't say what I just did. With the exception of Bill O'Reilly they're all touting a system that would be like Fred S run amuck. They are no better than the race gaiters and social engineers on the left who'd muck everything up given the chance. Bottom line, this country has shot itself and only time will tell if it's a mortal wound.

Dude, I'm not the one who is "misinformed". Get off the FOX and educate yourself.

vantexan

Dude, I'm not the one who is "misinformed". Get off the FOX and educate yourself.

I knew this long before there was a FOX News. You believe we should all make great money with great benefits. That people should risk their money and do all the legwork of getting a business going and then give everything to the employees. When it comes to large corporations and stock options, etc we can certainly agree on greed and exploitation. But you paint them all with the same brush. The world doesn't work that way, never has. And I've never gotten a job from a poor man. The rich are part of the system, like it or not. Want the world to change? Change it at the voting booth with people who'll actually work for real reform, not pander for votes.