Another FOXED SPEWS mouthpiece GETS OWNED by John Stewart!

wkmac

I enjoy him

Me too. Working nights I don't see him on TV but do catch him some on the net when his vids make the rounds. They rarely disappoint.

BTW: Saw Lynn Cheney on with Stewart during the Bush years and it was a good interview. Stewart did his schtick of course but Lynn could come back too in comedic response and I found the interview with funny moments but it was also respectful and very good. Worth the watch even though I stumbled on it by chance.

wkmac

You try to compare apples to oranges and then rationalize it. Quite amusing, really!! (compare FOX news to Stewart) That'd be like comparing Walter Cronkite to Lucille Ball.

Actually More, the delivery of the news, Fox or Stewart, in some sense is not that much different. It's like music. It's all the same really, it's just the style used to bring it to your ears!

If you actually watch Fox News and the delivery of the news itself, I'm not talking about the opin-ing and other opinion making but the actual news delivery, it really differs very little if at all from CNN, MSNBC or the major networks. Very little of what they do is actual hard news to begin with.

It's only the spin doctors of INGSOC that try to paint the illusion of difference because once you begin to look at it all with a very critical eye while using reason and common sense, you soon realize the networks are only different departments of the Ministry of Truth and they all work for the same people for the same purpose. To keep you stupid!

Chris Hedges is right, dump that one eyed cyclops, clear you mind and read books and other material.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually More, the delivery of the news, Fox or Stewart, in some sense is not that much different. It's like music. It's all the same really, it's just the style used to bring it to your ears!

If you actually watch Fox News and the delivery of the news itself, I'm not talking about the opin-ing and other opinion making but the actual news delivery, it really differs very little if at all from CNN, MSNBC or the major networks. Very little of what they do is actual hard news to begin with.

It's only the spin doctors of INGSOC that try to paint the illusion of difference because once you begin to look at it all with a very critical eye while using reason and common sense, you soon realize the networks are only different departments of the Ministry of Truth and they all work for the same people for the same purpose. To keep you stupid!

Chris Hedges is right, dump that one eyed cyclops, clear you mind and read books and other material.
The real difference I notice is I'll post a FOX story and then to please others I'll go to CNN or MSNBC to post that side too......and guess what ?? No story covered. I think Fox is more complete.

bbsam

Staff member
Me too. Working nights I don't see him on TV but do catch him some on the net when his vids make the rounds. They rarely disappoint.

BTW: Saw Lynn Cheney on with Stewart during the Bush years and it was a good interview. Stewart did his schtick of course but Lynn could come back too in comedic response and I found the interview with funny moments but it was also respectful and very good. Worth the watch even though I stumbled on it by chance.
One of his best interviews ever was with Condi Rice. Very respectful, fun, informative, and compelling.

wkmac

The real difference I notice is I'll post a FOX story and then to please others I'll go to CNN or MSNBC to post that side too......and guess what ?? No story covered. I think Fox is more complete.

I also think you are letting your political partisanship read more into this than there is. I'm sure others could say the same thing about CNN or MSNBC (from a political partisanship angle) in relationship to Fox but in many of these stories it's really more a political spin into a news story rather than an actual hard news story. Hard news stories typcially vary little across the networks and in some cases a network will do an investigative piece that other networks don't. Many times here I've heard CBS called a liberal mouthpiece and yet it was 60 Minutes and the CBS news group that help break "Fast and Furious" out into the mainstream. Sure, it's been going around for a couple of years that weapons in Mexico had US gov't connections, I'd even linked a piece a few years ago about tracing serial numbers of seized weapons in Mexico during the Bush years (Fast and Furious wasn't something new) but CBS and an anti-Obama/anti-democrat chorus helped to push this issue out into the open. Hmmmm, where was Fox News before that?

To quote you with your own words, "CRICKETS!"

And let's not forget, not one major media outlet in this country ever questioned or dare question the Iraq WMD scenario so IMO the major media is nothing but a mouth organ for the State who on occasion will post a hard story for the illusion of cover.

wkmac

One of his best interviews ever was with Condi Rice. Very respectful, fun, informative, and compelling.

She is also an incredible classical piano player. I may not care for her politics and public policy aims but she's damn good on the ivory keys. I'd go see her in concert.

av8torntn

Hard news stories

No such thing any longer.

On topic I think people see what they want to see in the news. When I watch the interview I see the comedian get crushed. I also saw the video on many other sites and I think someone in this thread said that the Judge didn't put it anywhere and I will disagree with that. The day of the interview I remember seeing it on his Facebook feed.

bbsam

Staff member
No such thing any longer.

On topic I think people see what they want to see in the news. When I watch the interview I see the comedian get crushed. I also saw the video on many other sites and I think someone in this thread said that the Judge didn't put it anywhere and I will disagree with that. The day of the interview I remember seeing it on his Facebook feed.
I said it because the link to Freedom Watch had several videos and that one was absent.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You try to compare apples to oranges and then rationalize it. Quite amusing, really!! (compare FOX news to Stewart) That'd be like comparing Walter Cronkite to Lucille Ball.[/QUOTE]

You would be correct! Stewart would be Walter Cronkite and FOXED SPEWS would be lucille ball making an ash out of herself believing she was in the right just as FOXED does!

Good call MORE!

Peace.

wkmac

I said it because the link to Freedom Watch had several videos and that one was absent.

This is only a guess on my part but the reason it's not on Freedom Watch's website might be for the same reason Fox Sports wouldn't give ESPN highlight video of the World Series games. After game 6 Mike Greenberg on Mike and Mike was complaining about that so Comedy Central might be enforcing a copyright issue in this case. It could also be that the Judge was on Stewart's show not representing Freedom Watch but as an author and Fox may have internal policies that show websites on the Fox web network like Freedom Watch will be program video content only originating from Fox sources. Not unlike UPS only showing UPS related material on it's UPSer.com and UPS intranet websites.

In both cases above these are just guesses on my part so it's jmo.

Judge Napolitano and the folks at Lew Rockwell are very tight and LRC is treating the video as a positive (I agree with that for both the Judge and Stewart) so outside some legal reason, why it's not posted on Freedom Watch is not because the Judge felt he did a bad job. Had that been the case, I'm certain LRC would never have posted it to begin with. And yes, I am saying that I don't think LRC is above hypocrisy too if you care to see it that way.

av8torntn

This is only a guess on my part but the reason it's not on Freedom Watch's website might be for the same reason Fox Sports wouldn't give ESPN highlight video of the World Series games. .

I just thought he was on there to promote his book and had some type of conflict with the freedom watch contract. From his social media sites I can tell you that he did not think that the comedian got any of the better of the debate.

edit to add: I just went back and looked and the judge had four posts on Facebook alone with that video. None of them even gave a slight hint that he was hiding from this interview. In fact they were all in the bragging type of post.

Last edited:
I just watched the videos and I didn't see any 'owning" from either man. I didn't see any attempt at owning, just an exchange of ideas.