Another Union employee accusing me of stealing from him.

BGBigShow

I've got another union employee falsely accusing me of stealing from him. He's even went to management, in an attempt to get me fired. He has no proof. He didn't see me steal anything, yet he's convinced it was me. I've been with UPS for 25 years, this guy 2 months. He's running his mouth, telling other employees.
What's the best way to handle this?

Thebrownblob

I've got another union employee falsely accusing me of stealing from him. He's even went to management, in an attempt to get me fired. He has no proof. He didn't see me steal anything, yet he's convinced it was me. I've been with UPS for 25 years, this guy 2 months. He's running his mouth, telling other employees.
Ignore him? You’ve been there 25 years if you didn’t do anything wrong you know there’s nothing going to happen.

Commercial Inside Release

The noob is just a proxy. Some scum that has a vendetta against you is using them behind your back, to mess with you. Welcome to a union shop. Sometimes it resembles a gaggle of catty girls.

AccidentProne

Who are they gonna believe? You with 25 years if seniority with (I assume) no issues or some brat with 2 months?

I also assume you know everyone and they know you, so if the kid is talking :censored2: about you, then you coworkers will think its bs.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Speak to your local. Another union member(if they are based on if right to work state) ratting on another should be removed from the union.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Speak to your local. Another union member(if they are based on if right to work state) ratting on another should be removed from the union.
Two problems here. “Ratting“ on an employee who is stealing…..ironic? And good luck getting a member removed, dues are dues, and the union only tries to increase membership, rarely decrease it.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Tell em to show you proof on camera or it didn’t happen, end of story

Best way to deal with him would be to ignore him. With 25 years as a Teamster you probably don’t have to worry as long as you are truly innocent. If he is verbal with you and makes gestures and facial expressions, talk to the union and NLBR (National Labor Relations Board.) What this employee is doing is called member-to-member harassment. NLBR deals with this type of behavior and member-to-member harassment.

542thruNthru

Best way to deal with him would be to ignore him. With 25 years as a Teamster you probably don’t have to worry as long as you are truly innocent. If he is verbal with you and makes gestures and facial expressions, talk to the union and NLBR (National Labor Relations Board.) What this employee is doing is called member-to-member harassment. NLBR deals with this type of behavior and member-to-member harassment.

You got 25 years lol the hell you worried about a new hire.
:)
sketch-1676422252203.jpg