Any advice on transferring?

YellaFTW

I am currently working in the St Louis area and am moving to Florida. Is termination and try to rehire only way to get a job in new city for UPS? Just seems like there should be an easier way.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I am currently working in the St Louis area and am moving to Florida. Is termination and try to rehire only way to get a job in new city for UPS? Just seems like there should be an easier way.
Where in Florida are you moving to?

YellaFTW

Not far from me then. Are you feeder?
No, I have only been w/ UPS for a few months and am a pre-loader. One day I want to drive feeder. But for now I love the hours!! My center wants me to drive air and preload. I am young w UPS but I want to do it in FL as well.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
No, I have only been w/ UPS for a few months and am a pre-loader. One day I want to drive feeder. But for now I love the hours!! My center wants me to drive air and preload. I am young w UPS but I want to do it in FL as well.
Ok. Well, if you ever wanted to make the move a little north east, we are hiring feeder drivers like crazy. Just something to think about.

Going back to your original question, since you are still PT it may be easier for you to transfer without having to quit. I’m not 100% on exactly how, but I’ve heard you can transfer for school reasons. Maybe look into that route.

Staydryitsraining

Get a note or letter stating there is a family issue that requires you to move. Get a hold of the union your moving to and from. Or quit. Or sign up for school in Florida pay for the classes show the receipts to your hr department and wait on the transfer.

Overpaid Union Thug

Different pensions in different regions/locals, along with pure jealousy amount the hourly ranks (yet they want seniority honored when it’s convenient for them), is why transferring is such a hot mess at UPS. It really shouldn’t be that difficult. Even when moving from one region to another.

CoolStoryBro

Talk to HR and arrange a quit and rehire. If you just quit you could be put on the "no rehire" list.

D

Deleted member 77202

Isn't Florida a huge virus hotspot right now? You sure you want to go there right now? LOL

Anyway, like previously mentioned, I would definitely speak with my current Steward, full-time Supervisor (not the part-timers), Building Manager, and even call your Local Teamster business office and find out all the official info & arrange everything ahead of time -- surely there's a way it can be done without having to quit & go through all that smilet.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
He's still new enough that a few months of seniority lost isn't the end of the world. If anything, you might find yourself with UPS for years and may regret not transferring. I'd try to transfer asap

*edit: call your :censored2:ing ba and pay your :censored2:ing dues

542thruNthru

First I would like to applaud you for wanting to leave a :censored2: hole like St Louis... @Brownslave688 could learn a little something from you. :)

This is what the contract says about PT transfers.
sketch-1597202030833.jpg

You're PT with only a few months. I would personally reach out to the local union you're trying to move to and see if they could help you out. They could probably give you a sups number that can help if needed. Most likely the company will want you if they need people because you already have experience.

You'll probably have to quit and just get rehired and start all over.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Dont say anything. Just move on a weekend and show up to the new building monday. If they start asking questions, just tell them youve been talking to some guy in HR about it.

adnapadnam

You have to have been employed with the company for one year in order to transfer as a PT employee. I have not heard of anyone getting around that clause regardless of how much they may like you as an employee.

You will likely have to quit and be rehired. You can work that with HR ahead of time to smooth the process over. You could literally quit your old location on a Friday and start at your new location that following Monday.

YellaFTW

First I would like to applaud you for wanting to leave a :censored2: hole like St Louis... @Brownslave688 could learn a little something from you. :)

This is what the contract says about PT transfers.
View attachment 305589

You're PT with only a few months. I would personally reach out to the local union you're trying to move to and see if they could help you out. They could probably give you a sups number that can help if needed. Most likely the company will want you if they need people because you already have experience.

You'll probably have to quit and just get rehired and start all over.
Yes Saint Louis is a big trash bag!!! Thank you for contract info. I had my hr guy put in a good word. My sup says I can be put on good rehire status as soon as my shift is over on Fri so I can put my app in. Fingers crossed