Any Baseball fans on here?

oldngray

nowhere special
It's ok you're forgiven. Say 3 Hail Mary and 4 Our Father.
th.jpg

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Looks like we're going for a repeat! :baseballplayer:

Trevor Bauer joins Dodgers on record deal

The Dodgers have landed free-agent prize Trevor Bauer. The reigning National League Cy Young Award winner announced his decision to join the defending World Series champs in a YouTube video posted to his personal channel on Friday afternoon.
The Dodgers have not announced the deal, but a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that it covers three years and $102 million dollars, with opt-outs after the first two years. Per Feinsand, Bauer will earn $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in '22. The '21 salary would make him the highest-paid player in MLB history, a record he would set again in '22.

MAKAVELI

Looks like we're going for a repeat! :baseballplayer:

Trevor Bauer joins Dodgers on record deal

The Dodgers have landed free-agent prize Trevor Bauer. The reigning National League Cy Young Award winner announced his decision to join the defending World Series champs in a YouTube video posted to his personal channel on Friday afternoon.
The Dodgers have not announced the deal, but a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that it covers three years and $102 million dollars, with opt-outs after the first two years. Per Feinsand, Bauer will earn $40 million in 2021 and $45 million in '22. The '21 salary would make him the highest-paid player in MLB history, a record he would set again in '22.
Overhyped and over paid. Lol

floridays

You get one of the top pitchers in the game for his 30,31,32 seasons.
And you (Dodgers) pay him like he is the greatest to step across the foul line. It's lunacy.

I'd love to hear Sandy Koufax's take on it. I'm not even sure he considers the current state of the game legitimate anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And you (Dodgers) pay him like he is the greatest to step across the foul line. It's lunacy.

I'd love to hear Sandy Koufax's take on it. I'm not even sure he considers the current state of the game legitimate anyway.
No. They’re paying him like he’s the best pitcher in baseball in the prime of his career. He took a shorter contract to maximize his per year pay.

Comparing Koufax made when league revenue was maybe a few million compared to now makes no sense.