Any Baseball fans on here?

baklava

I donā€™t work at UPS anymore.
It only took a 60 game season to finally win another World Series after all the $ they spent. šŸ˜‚
It would be pretty hilarious if they end up being like the Braves of the 90ā€™s; win the division 15 years in a row but get only one WS out of it, in a shortened season nobody really cared much about

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It would be pretty hilarious if they end up being like the Braves of the 90ā€™s; win the division 15 years in a row but get only one WS out of it, in a shortened season nobody really cared much about
Never really understood the shortened season argument.

1) theyā€™ve always been good in the regular season.

2) the postseason was actually longer this year.

baklava

Never really understood the shortened season argument.

1) theyā€™ve always been good in the regular season.

2) the postseason was actually longer this year.
Thatā€™s true, they played the schedule they were given. Itā€™s not that itā€™s illegitimate, just tainted by it being a weird season. Players held out, games were cancelled, my Giants played home games in Arizona. The season almost didnā€™t even happen.

LA is legit dominant and it would be funny if all they got out of it was the COVID series.

Brownslave688

Thatā€™s true, they played the schedule they were given. Itā€™s not that itā€™s illegitimate, just tainted by it being a weird season. Players held out, games were cancelled, my Giants played home games in Arizona. The season almost didnā€™t even happen.

LA is legit dominant and it would be funny if all they got out of it was the COVID series.
it was a weird season. No disputing that.

Brownslave688

I think they clearly want more than that and see a short window for the next few years. Think that is why they gave Bauer 40 million

baklava

I think they clearly want more than that and see a short window for the next few years. Think that is why they gave Bauer 40 million
Yeah, theyā€™re going for it, as they should. Only long term contract they have is Mookie, so theyll
Have money to spend in the coming years. San Diego is looking strong too, unfortunately.

my Giants played home games in Arizona.

I was thinking of the Niners. Padres did play a ā€œhome gameā€ in SF though and hit a walkoff. Weird-ass season.

MAKAVELI

Excited to see this kid develop with such raw talent.