Any body got any ideas?

NHDRVR

In regard to the wake, and not to sound cold hearted, but I would think that the family would have realized that holding the wake between 4 and 7 would make it very difficult for his co-workers to attend and perhaps should have added an evening viewing for this purpose.

We had a former center manager pass away and the family held an evening session so that we could pay our respects.

Agreed, but I honestly don't know the family situation when they made the arrangements.

NHDRVR

My only thought was to have a 2nd viewing so that those with alternate work schedules would be afforded the opportunity to show their respects.

I swear, I could say the sky was blue and you would swear up and down that it is green.:happy2:

I heard that he was being cremated and his ashes were going to be spread on a beach in Jamaica that he went to every winter. It has nothing to do with the hours of the wake other than I wonder if the family just wanted one viewing. Not sure...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now...

If, If, If UPS would fix a problem we had tonight...

Ken Jones wake, followed by a small ceremony, was tonight from 4-7. The drivers that wanted to go gave their names and were told that efforts would be made to get the drivers out to make at least part of the wake. This morning, when, to our amazement, we noticed our stops counts were surprisingly high, we questioned how can we get out on time??

Oh, some of you may have to cut your lunch...

A number of us were near/over 10 hours, didn't make the wake in time and that, my friend, is all you need to know about how UPS treats it's workers in driver-operations.

Cardboard-be-damned
NH That really sucks. I can't believe how bad some of our mgrs are.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a few things going on now that drivers have been wating to jump on and, based on managements reaction to Ken's death, the time has come to file anything and everything close to grievances that we have. As of Fri. I know that one of our stewards had passed out and received back quite a few 9.5 relief forms and triple-time grievances so...

A guy we worked with for so long is no longer with us and you can't get a handful of suits from another center to pull a few junk runs to get guys out a bit early?? Just some house calls or air help...something.

There is a special place in Hell for people who make decisions like that...
I hope you guys can help in adding to their place in hell, they deserve it.

klein

Für Meno :)
There is a special place in Hell for people who make decisions like that...

Buy him a small toy fire-extinguisher (at San Fransico or a store like that),
and place it in his office, maybe even tell him it's his saftey reward for always being on top.
But, let the word get around, he'll need it, for whereever he's going after he dies.:devil3: