Advice needed from former employee.

HelpinMT

One of the bosses who is about to become the operations manager just text me asking me if I was still interested in coming back - a few months after I quit. I really want my job there back and told him yes. He said he wanted me back and was wanting to help me with the process.

He then casually asked to take me out, I politely said I wasn't able to. He text me again a day or so later to let me know he had a paycheck for me. When I picked it up I spoke with him and the current OP manager who also wanted to rehire me and gave me his card and told me to call when I reapplied online.

Well then I get another text a couple hours later to call HIM when I'm ready to come back... followed by another text saying we should have gotten together.

I just genuinely wanted to come back to work and thought that's all he wanted as well. It's the best job/insurance I can get and the best way for me to provide for myself. I never would have thought this man had any interest in me like that and now I'm afraid and don't know how to proceed with reapplying. He has no idea what this job means for me and how depressed I am now trying to wrap my head around this mess.

badpal

I gonna pop some popcorn and wait for our resident experts to reply. But really yes it seems like you need to tread lightly and clear the air before coming back. Could really turn into a messy situation. GL

HelpinMT

Yeah, thanks. It's hard. He's older, in charge and holds all the power. I feel like I've been lured in by that. I'm helpless and now my chance at a good career there feel impossible.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
One of the bosses who is about to become the operations manager just text me asking me if I was still interested in coming back - a few months after I quit. I really want my job there back and told him yes. He said he wanted me back and was wanting to help me with the process.

He then casually asked to take me out, I politely said I wasn't able to. He text me again a day or so later to let me know he had a paycheck for me. When I picked it up I spoke with him and the current OP manager who also wanted to rehire me and gave me his card and told me to call when I reapplied online.

Well then I get another text a couple hours later to call HIM when I'm ready to come back... followed by another text saying we should have gotten together.

I just genuinely wanted to come back to work and thought that's all he wanted as well. It's the best job/insurance I can get and the best way for me to provide for myself. I never would have thought this man had any interest in me like that and now I'm afraid and don't know how to proceed with reapplying. He has no idea what this job means for me and how depressed I am now trying to wrap my head around this mess.
Why did you quit a job that you now seem to want back so badly?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Kind of besides the point and personal, but because I have 2 young kids and childcare had been an issue.
I think was a reasonable question. So now this old lecherous bastard wants to take you out an have a good time as a condition of re employment.

HelpinMT

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Harsh reality of life I guess is that some dude with all the money and things he could need in life gets to make me walk away from a good career and opportunity to provide for my kids because he thought it was appropriate to try and date me while making me think he was just rehiring me.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Harsh reality of life I guess is that some dude with all the money and things he could need in life gets to make me walk away from a good career and opportunity to provide for my kids because he thought it was appropriate to try and date me while making me think he was just rehiring me.
What job did you have? What job would you be reapplying for?

Was part time package handler wanting to come back as same and eventually driver.
Gotcha. If this is what you want, don't let this :censored2: dissuade you. Couple angles you could take here, but just know it could be a tough road for a short while. Up to you what kind of headache you want to deal with, but I can assure you it won't last long if he keeps being aggressive like this.

badpal

I have all the texts. I'm not looking to destroy anyone's life, but I also wasn't looking to have my plans for my future taken away either.
Pulling stuff like this before he even starts his new job. he will most likely take care of any destroying of life and career his own self.