any drivers here ever been involved in an accident?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
several.
last one I was slightly tapped on my tailboard by a police car; his super had to be called along with my super & the safety guy, it was tough to locate the exact point of impact. I had stopped for someone in a crosswalk. The nice thing was that the person I stopped for re-crossed the street to complain to the cop that no other vehicles would let him cross.
I had broken no laws, nor rules of the road, nor was I at fault, but UPS demanded that I be re-trained.

Two accidents , fired twice, drug tested twice, reinstated both times. First one was a roll away...the second a roll over. Funny thing about the being drug tested twice, both times they said it was mandatory yet within a couple of days two other people had accidents abd did not have to drug test. I guess they thought I looked like a druggie when in fact I was probably the least likely in our center to have been taking drugs.

retired2000

i had one accident where the police had to be called. it was just a fender bender. not my fault but i still had to have a safety ride the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Three accidents, 2 avoidable and 1 unavoidable. The unavoidable was on a unpaved entry road to a water bottling plant. It was shift change and I knew that the workers would be leaving as I was entering. The road is wide enough for 2 cars but not for a car and truck. This one worker was driving way too fast for conditions. I saw him and pulled over to the right and stopped. He didn't see me, locked 'em up and plowed in to the PC just below the drivers side door. He received 3 tickets yet sued the company and was given a settlement.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had my share of fun. Nothing serious- no injuries. (although at the time you would have thought the world was coming to an end)

Cementups

Box Monkey
My two biggest ones were complete totals. The first was a about 12 years ago and I was going around a turn about 25-30mph and my right wheels caught some slush in a little P3. The road turned and the truck didn't. I ended up wrapping it around a tree, with minimal injury to myself. The worst part was that it was a brand new PC with only 26oo miles on it. didn't even have it's first oil change.
The second was about 4 years ago and I was on the highway heading back to the building. Traffic had stopped in front of me and barely got stopped in time to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I waas doing about 60-65. Just as the car in front of me started to move I got rear ended by a tractor trailer that was following me too close. he was going too fast and not enough space cushion, he hit me and pushed me right into the Jersey barrier and pushed in the right rear of the PC. The next work day our safety sup pulled me to the side and started to point fongers at me and told me we had to review space cushions and the rest of the S&V stuff. I told him to piss off as it was n't my fault and I didn't hit anybody and walked away. That was the last I heard of that.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Tens yrs ago I was backing down a driveway, I didn’t see the dug run that went right across the driveway, this dog run was attached to the side door of this house, as I was backing I heard this loud noise, I get out and look to see what happen, I rip out the side door of this house, but the dog run never broke, try calling that one in , I'm sorry but I just rip out the side door of this house, I mean completely out the hole door is lying on the ground. BTW The customer was not home, I left a note to call ups.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
2 hit while parked, one at red light one at stop sign, unavoidable.
Drove off with the gas hose, avoidable.
15 yrs safe driving, feb 11th. So to keep it safe I took this week off! again.

40 and out

How about a thread have any drivers not been involved in an accident? I had several in my first ten years of driving. 3 were my fault, all backing. Got fired for 1 night in Dec 1997 for not reporting an accident for a dog hitting my package car. That was when management was retalliating for us going on strike. Went a long time without any until Dec 2008,when we had an ice storm and someone slid into me. None since then.

UPSGUY72

1 so far totaled a P300 it had over 700,000 miles on it. It was a freezing raining day going straight the road went from not bad to a sheet of ice and I eventually went head on into a tree.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A long time ago my nickname around the center was "crash", and that's all I'm gonna say about that ;)

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Got fired for 1 night in Dec 1997 for not reporting an accident for a dog hitting my package car. That was when management was retalliating for us going on strike.

So you got fired for a dog hitting you?? Wow, I'd like to see the damage he did to the package car. Management must have been really P.O. it wasn't even your fault.

EmerCond421

2 Elk and a Deer all caused damage to PC. Numerous other deer - no reportable damage. 1 hit while parked, 1 rear ended - all unavoidable. That's enough for me! :peaceful: