Any Help/Tips for Unloading Trailers?

UPSgirl2002

There are a lot of tricks and shortcuts to unloading. Most aren't safe for someone new.. My best tips are use gravity as your helper, Labels are rarely on the bottoms of boxes so flip boxes from top to side when looking for labels , Grab multiple boxes at a time when possible.. stay busy.. do not stand around.. if your backed up clean up your sides, retape, see if the person in trailer next to you needs bulk pulled off.. even if your slow.. if you are seen doing things like this and always staying busy you will never hear harsh words........
Ive been unloading for 11years. 4on night sort and the last 7 on twilight.. hopefully will be on preload soon. Im getting older and its getting rougher. I was considered a superstar at one time but i started off very slow and discouraged... bruised from head to toe. Im a 5'5" chick started working UPS at age 27. Im no longer the best unloader but I'm efficient and no one will ever say i don't work my ass off... so hang in there ... the benefits in the long run will reward all this unacknowledged effort you put into working there.... hope I helped

imoveboxesfast

Hi, you'll learn how to unload fast in time... For me, it took a few months, I started at UPS when I was 19 (22 now) and was a slow unloader, my first sup was always up my ***** about going to slow, I worked hard, just wasn't strong enough... a few months later (and a new sup) I finally had the hang of it, was easily one of the fast unloaders/sorters in the building now... that original sup still sees me from time to time and just is always in shock at how fast I am able to do my job... moral of the story is what every one is basically saying on here, the ability will come in time, and if you work hard any decent sup will give you a day off or help you out when you ask... Over the past 3 years I have worked for probably 15 different sups, and probably a dozen of them have approached me and thanked me and said if I ever needed anything just to ask

Not everyone will feel the same way as me, but I found my hard work has definitely paid off... last thing, my full time sup once saw me stretch my back 3 hours into a day because it was a little bit sore, this happened on a Wednesday, and he told me I could have thurs/Friday off no questions asked, worth it if you ask me

Climbingtheladder

My best advise would be to stop trying to go so fast. You wear yourself out and ending moving slower. For me, I'll have a wide stance breathe deep and slow and keep a fast but steady pace back and forth trying to be as smooth as possible just like a 1, 2, 1, 2 if that makes sense also listening to music to take your mind off what you are doing and just work off muscle memory. And my final advice which is a life saver for me is. Take a 5hour energy as long as you don't have any heart problems. Good luck . Unload/loader for 1 1/2 years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's right. The rest of you are so gracious to each other. Especially you. I wish I could be like you and do no wrong. You're evaluation is spot-on. Keep up the great work Oh-Great-One.

You must have me mixed up with someone else ... I am truly insignificant!

As for the evaluation ... there was none. I just recognized you as Upstate's stalker.

What I do that helps is I work from the left side of the wall and work my way to the right side and just repeat till it’s empty.
Eight years, my man......Eight. friend*king. Years.

tenor (1) (12).gif